SCL-Based enemy levels requires SCL-Based roster scaling

Options
2»

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, recent news says SCL enemy difficulty is being made permanent. Still no word of any real way to control SCL abuse by higher developed rosters hitting SCLs not meant for them. Therefore, I'm pushing this idea back up:
    Scale heroes used down to the SCL's intended level.
    Only applied to SCL7 and lower until SCL9 is introduced. Then applied to SCL8 as well.
    Entire roster is available in every SCL, but massively leveled heroes scale down so they won't instantly crush everything.
    This isn't just about Epic Champions. Legendary Champions won't be able to drop to SCL6 and just take everything either. Legendaries will also have trouble in the current max SCL8 against full power Epics.

My current scaling hits 330 (nice. Looks like my personal difficulty won't change) with a roster averaging 290 in the top 5 and heroes scaling to 385. I'd expect roster scaling down to match SCL have the roster capped up above the enemies in a similar way.
    That's about 16% above enemies, so heroes would scale down to about 285 in SCL7, 255 in SCL6, 205 in SCL5 (boosted 2* on level with the Rares and Legendaries instead of basically dead weight!), 150 in SCL4, 90 in SCL3, 60 in SCL2, and 32 in SCL1.

I'd expect tier 5 players would still slum it in SCL6 sometimes, but no lower since Epics become significantly weaker below level 255. However, better rewards and access to full power should compel tier 5 players to stay up in SCL8 (and please SCL9 before too long?)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure that would really help. Even at level 90, fully covered 4*s are clearly better than 3*s, which are clearly better than 2*s. Sure, it'd be slower going than with full levels.

Why would a 5* player go any lower than SCL7 anyways? Are the T1-5 rewards still really worth it?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure that would really help. Even at level 90, fully covered 4*s are clearly better than 3*s, which are clearly better than 2*s. Sure, it'd be slower going than with full levels.

Why would a 5* player go any lower than SCL7 anyways? Are the T1-5 rewards still really worth it?
    They'll likely coordinate bracket, just like in PVP. Fewer would go 6 (lower ranking big dogs), since I thing it's top 5 for Legendaries? But they'll coordinate it on regular events, and flood it for releases, both to grab those covers from placement, and also to secure alliance placement  since the faster the clear, the more points you can get for the alliance. Significantly more by hundreds or thousands of points.
    Fully covered 4s would be unlikely to go down to SCL3 (the proposed level 90 scale-down), because really, 6 and up is as low as any such player would want to go. Rewards-wise. And while their powers are certainly better than similar 2*s, and several better than 3*s, it's not the overwhelming difference a 4* player staying in 8 whould face against 450+ 5*s. Players going to 7 and being capped would be at close to even, though 5*s being 285 probably gives the advantage to using the 4*s instead. Yeah, SCL 7 like that would be a real show of skill versus a display of overwhelming power. If SCL 9 were done, SCL8 would probably be advantage 5*, as a 385 5* probably scales enough match damage, health, and ability power to outperform a 385 4*. But it wouldn't be completely overwhelming, and a degree of skill and dedication would still be needed to guarantee placement.