SCL Difficulty Feedback - Developer Request

Ducky
Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
Anthony from Demiurge has asked that we pass along this survey regarding the test scaling from Thick as Thieves. Please take a couple minutes to fill it out so they can get lots of feedback! Thanks!

Comments

• Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Done! Hoping this means the SCL difficulty will be going permanent soon. :)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Is that link going into the message of the day?  The forum is the right source for quality (good and bad) feedback, but it's a rather small self-selected subset of the player base.

• Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Done. Great opportunity to get relevant feedback about game experience.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited June 2017
    New McG said:
    Done. (Also, this is specifically asking for feedback, so probably belongs in Feedback & Suggestions?) :)
    We are planning a bit of restructuring of the forum in the future, and part of that restructuring is incorporating feedback into individual sub-forums. This way players can go to Events and see not just relevant information, but also a section devoted to the feedback for them.

As of right now, we will be moving feedback into any relevant sub-forums, and any feedback that doesn't belong in any specific sub-forum will be moved to Suggestions & Feedback.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    What was your favorite part about the difficulty?

It wasn't my favorite... 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited June 2017
    @Punisher5784 I understand your perspective, and I can see why this kind of a transition is a bit chaotic. There are players who support it and players who oppose it. I also understand that the moderators and I are simply a small group of individuals, and while we do spend a large portion of our days interacting on the forum, our brainstorm sessions may not necessarily be the most accurate depiction of what is right for the community.

It's because of this that I've decided to start this thread, HERE. This is our attempt at compiling the community's feedback on how everyone would organize the forum if they had the ability to change it to what they see fit. I'd love to hear what your thoughts are on the forum, and what kind of a structure would work best.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator

Is that link going into the message of the day?  The forum is the righti source for quality (good and bad) feedback, but it's a rather small self-selected subset of the player base.

I have no idea. The request originated on Discord and then moved thru Line. Then we took it and put it up here. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punisher5784 said:
    .. I enjoyed the forum aspect more than the actual game..
    Hmm, that's a peculiar statement.

If the actual topic (MPQ) being discussed isn't enjoyed why talk about it?  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad to see them ask for feedback like this (I'm still super angry they didn't do a feedback request like this for vaulting).  I'm also glad to see the survey isn't just the lazy would you recommend this to a friend 1-10 and actually has intelligent questions that can help them really leverage player option.

I hope they do put this in a MOTD.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    LordXberk said:
    Actually took the time to fill that survey out with reasonable detail.  Hope they use the feedback.  Hint: keep SCL difficulty and open up CL9 and 10 to keep 5* rosters from beating up on 3* and 4* in CL6-7.
    This is almost precisely what I said.  Cheers!
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Answered the survey, having read that the questions were not generic. More of this kind of thing is welcome.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    LordXberk said:
    Actually took the time to fill that survey out with reasonable detail.  Hope they use the feedback.  Hint: keep SCL difficulty and open up CL9 and 10 to keep 5* rosters from beating up on 3* and 4* in CL6-7.
    So, here's a dumb question...if there are 5* players that dont play cl8 and go to 6 or 7 to do the equivalent of grinding prologue, why would they move UP to cl9 or cl10? We all know it's just going to be a bit more iso and maybe push 3* further down, so what would the incentive be?
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    LordXberk said:
    So, here's a dumb question...if there are 5* players that dont play cl8 and go to 6 or 7 to do the equivalent of grinding prologue, why would they move UP to cl9 or cl10? We all know it's just going to be a bit more iso and maybe push 3* further down, so what would the incentive be?
    The hope would be that they would put better rewards in CL9 and CL10 instead of just a wee bit more ISO and 3*s.  I can't say that they will, but that's what I suggested in my survey.  CL8 should also have more rewards.

I'm a 5* player and sometimes play CL7 when the 4* placement rewards are covers I want AND my real life schedule allows me to grind at the end AND it's not a 7-day event AND I can join a new bracket somewhat close to the flip.  If CL8 rewards were better than they are, I'd never do CL7.  Same w/ CL9 and CL10.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    There's not really any reason to actually believe there's going to be a big difference though.  I've also heard it suggested that 5* should all be in their own mandated brackets, but that's just silly.  There aren't nearly enough 5* players to fill brackets and placement would be abysmal.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    LordXberk said:
    Definitely more ISO and CP, and the extension of 4* placement rewards to T20, maybe even T50. Also, rewarding 5* covers to T5, maybe T10 in CL10. If a specific 5* cover is deemed too generous, then make it an LT; at least there's a chance of a 5* cover with that. 

Another alternative I had was to offer vaulted 4* covers as placement rewards in addition to the featured 4* (which is typically already one of the Featured 12 these days).

I have a feeling the chance to cover those vaulted characters or add additional champ levels to them would be a pretty big draw for CL9 and 10 and make people think really hard about dropping down for **** rewards. It would also be a great incentive for people to keep progressing up the ranks too, so they can finally enter CL9 or 10 for the chance to get vaulted characters.