When is the next PVE SCL-Based Scaling Test?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I had so much fun with the first two!! I can't wait for the next one!!! When will the make it like that forever? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Hopefully never.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    My hope would be the following:
    1.  Better announcement next time.
    2.  Take the RNG factor out, just make it totally static, the RNG adds nothing to the system.
    3.  I'd love to see at least SCL9 released/included in next test, but I don't see that terrible likely.

Other than that IMO it's ready to go.  It works as advertised and other than SCL8 being over scaled (due to no 9 & 10 most likely) it seems pretty close to what I always excepted from such a system.  I hope they don't drag out the testing and this goes permanent relatively soon.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

They cant start this soon enough... 

I'm saying this knowing that my CP/day average will decrease very slightly...   but my clear times come down from well over an hour to ~45 minutes while still making substantial progress.

Push it out, and work on revamping rewards and opponent levels while its live in production...

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the first time they did the testing, the pattern went:  2 weeks, 2 weeks, month, month, month w/ implemenation.

So far we've gone 2 weeks, so I'd guess test 3 is in 2 weeks, then a couple more a month apart, then we'll see it live.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the first time they did the testing, the pattern went:  2 weeks, 2 weeks, month, month, month w/ implemenation.

So far we've gone 2 weeks, so I'd guess test 3 is in 2 weeks, then a couple more a month apart, then we'll see it live.
    Last time they tweaked between tests.
    A LOT.
    No tweaking this time which can only mean they'll roll it out very very soon.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:

A LOT.
    Couple things: The first time around, they also didn't do the tests on a new release, which is why it extended the pattern. That's different this time.

And technically they did tweak something this time. The first time they ran it, enemy levels went up 15 at a time, instead of the advertised 25. So, they needed the correct data from this event to supplement the slightly inaccurate data from the first test event.

Either way, they cannot implement this fast enough. They have talked multiple times about not wanting people spending too much of their life on this game, well, the change to 5 clears for final progression goes directly against that. 

I can't even bring myself to open Strange Sights, and if they don't implement the change soon, I will be quitting before hitting the 1000 day mark (at 950 now). 

So really, either way, I should be thanking the Devs. Either for reducing my play time to the point where I actually enjoy playing, or for giving me my freedom back by reminding me what a game should be (fun), instead of what MPQ has become (a time-sucking chore).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    A LOT.
    I think the appearance of the bug in the first test may have meant this was sort of a 'do-over,' with the new release wrinkle thrown in.

The first test last time had only some minor tweaks (mostly the easier missions after everyone ****), later on is when they blew it up and then rolled it back.  

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    A LOT.
    I think the appearance of the bug in the first test may have meant this was sort of a 'do-over,' with the new release wrinkle thrown in.

The first test last time had only some minor tweaks (mostly the easier missions after everyone tinykitty), later on is when they blew it up and then rolled it back.  

That was my take as well.  I think they rushed to a second test as soon as they had the bug fixed.  This rush to retest without the bug likely lead to the communications fumble.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    By fun, you mean easy. Does no one like a challenge anymore.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like a challenge... I just don't like endless grinding. I like a challenge, such as a boss fight. Do a few of them, and you're all set. Not needing to spend hours doing the same endless pve nodes.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Hopefully not until they come up with expanded placement rewards, make all rewards progression  (it's pve) or keep people with 9 champed 5 stars from playing on CL5