Dupe Rewards

Options
rafalele
rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
Hi.

I don't know if this message should be here.

I am at platinum since last week. The two last rewards I have received as event reward were Amonkhet rare card. Both have been the same rare card that of course I already had.

Now I have 17 different Amonkhet rares and 6 repeated, 2 of them three times.

That one of this 3 repeated rares were a platinum reward seems not fair. You could say that luck is luck, but...

Comments

• Stormbringer0
    Stormbringer0 Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same here. I only get dupes of rares I already own as rewards. And from booster. I don't know when I got my last fresh rare, not even thinking of a mythic card.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Out of 34 rares, I have 16 unique cards. I have I only have 2 rares that I don't have multiple copies of. I'm used to getting dupes of past sets. I have a pretty big collection, but this is just ridiculous. More than 50% of my rares are dupes, and there are still 19 that I don't have. It's making me hate opening packs. 
  • Pcell777
    Pcell777 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Same here.  I'm still missing half of Amonkhet rares, yet I have several rares at 3-5 dupes.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The tokens are coming, the tokens are coming!

In all seriousness though if you have about half the rares, you will dupe half the time. As you get more cards, your odds of duping keeps getting greater. 

I have 22 unique rares from this set and 5 Irrigated Farmlands. All told I have 16 "extra" rares...  And that's probably about right.
  • trashbear
    trashbear Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If there are 34 unique rares then the expected number of rares you need to collect before you've collected them all is 141. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupon_collector's_problem

Hopefully the new crafting system will help, but it really depends on the conversion rate. If you could convert a duplicate to a non duplicate then you would only need to collect 34 rares to complete the set. What does everybody think is a fair number of rares to collect before you have a complete set? Or how many duplicate rares should get you that one missing rare you're chasing?

• Furks
    Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm not sure about the conversion rate, but according to Google, it costs the average player 400$ to complete a Hearthstone expansion. If I were to sink that much money into this game I'd expect to pretty much have every amonkhet card. Yes, that includes mythics and masterpieces. With 400$ you can buy a next gen console, just to put things in perspective. 
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think a 3-1 exchange rate would be fair.

With my 15 duplicate Amonkhet Rares, I should be able to convert those into 5 brand new cards.

I'd be happy with that.

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have been absurdly lucky with my rare cards: I'm only missing three out of 35 total rares from AKH. I don't have that many dupes either. I think the most of any one card I have is 3, and in total, I have about 15 dupes.

I feel your pain though, as I have experienced **** duplicate rates in the past.
  • rafalele
    edited January 2018
    Options
    And again, the last 3 BFZ rares I have gotten as event rewards in the last week (NOP) were the same dupe card, Oath of Gideon.

This seems to me not a very random algorithm.

I will tell you if tomorrow I receive a new Oath of Gideon.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GIVE.ME.STUFFFFFFFFF

:D
  • rafalele
    Options
    Today I have received a different rare dupe from final NOP reward.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I keep getting Oath of Chandra and the Black White Kor Legendary
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I keep getting Oath of Chandra and the Black White Kor Legendary
    Oath is Chandra is Properly Powered. Pair it with the underrated Vessel of Nascency and board-popping mana and go to work
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @rafalele hate to break it to you, but you will continue to experience the drop rates that you have described. Your only refuge will be in booster crafting. I dont even look at reward rares anymore (except for avacyns madness :-D). I just see 100 orbs
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Krishna said:
    @rafalele hate to break it to you, but you will continue to experience the drop rates that you have described. Your only refuge will be in booster crafting. I dont even look at reward rares anymore (except for avacyns madness :-D). I just see 100 orbs
    That is exactly how I view any and all dupes... Dupes = orbs. No longer an issue from where I stand.