What order do you tackle Strange Sights?

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor

What order do you tackle Strange Sights? 65 votes

Hand, Maggia, Doom
13% 9 votes
Hand, Doom, Maggia
7% 5 votes
Maggia, Hand, Doom
7% 5 votes
Maggia, Doom, Hand
10% 7 votes
Doom, Hand, Maggia
36% 24 votes
Doom, Maggia, Hand
23% 15 votes

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I go maggia, doom, hand. Easy first day, annoying second day, and easy finish.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I do a different order each time. This time it's Hand, Maggia, Doom. Yes, that's right, I'm cursing myself to finishing with Ultron doodads, but I'm planning to play for progression only this time, so why not?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My guess is that the most common choice is going to simply go left to right.  So if you can avoid that group of people (i.e. pick 231 or 312), you'll probably have fewer people to compete for sub-event placement rewards.  I picked Doom first this time.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hadn't actually thought about it before. I think I ended up with Doom and the Sentries last both times before, but seeing this post made me want to get them out of the way early on, so I picked that one first. Probably do the Hand next, and save the Maggia for last, since we just had a whole Event full of Maggia.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doom, Maggia, Hand. More healing needed for Doom's door, and more tile movers, means more time, so do that one when fewest points available. Hand day really easy with only minions and goes fastest, so clear that last when things are worth the most points.
  • Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    hand/doom/maggia because you shouldn't eat dessert before you eat the dumb gross things like cauliflower (Hand being the cauliflower with all the Kishus and turn to smoke annoyance)
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doom first, to get the sentries out of the way.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If there's one thing this event has taught me in the past it's Doom first since it's absolutely the most annoying one. Between how annoying Sentries are and Doom pretty much getting to use Summon Demons every other turn and of course getting bombarded by core meltdowns definitely the first one I get rid of. 

Doom > Hand > Maggia for this particular event. 
  • King_Koopa54326
    King_Koopa54326 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Trying out 3-2-1 this time. Even when I've gone 6/6 for all the missions in previous runs of this event,  I've come up short for the 25 cp. Hoping this order gets it right
  • eMouse
    eMouse Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Our alliance tries to organize so that at least one person is in each sub each day.

Because you get the alliance rewards from all the subs with at least one participant, no matter which one you're in, it made the event a very generous one.

I thought that was the point of it, but with the way they stripped out most of the alliance rewards this time, I guess it wasn't.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Trying out 3-2-1 this time. Even when I've gone 6/6 for all the missions in previous runs of this event,  I've come up short for the 25 cp. Hoping this order gets it right
    The order you open the doors in should have no effect on your progression.  If you did actually 6/6 on all nodes (including the one with a required character) it would be impossible to not make max progression.  Until recently 4/6 on all nodes would get max progression. With new progression rewards it requires more work, but 6/6 across the board will guarantee you get there every time.

To answer the OP question, I always do 2 - 3 - 1 under the assumption that my opponent pool will be smaller allowing for higher placement. But seeing as that is the most popular choice in this pool, I may have to reconsider next time.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    The order you open the doors in should have no effect on your progression.  If you did actually 6/6 on all nodes (including the one with a required character) it would be impossible to not make max progression.  Until recently 4/6 on all nodes would get max progression. With new progression rewards it requires more work, but 6/6 across the board will guarantee you get there every time.

To answer the OP question, I always do 2 - 3 - 1 under the assumption that my opponent pool will be smaller allowing for higher placement. But seeing as that is the most popular choice in this pool, I may have to reconsider next time.
    Yeah, order won't affect progression. Is he remembering to hit the Boss each day? It will affect placement, since the points still go up each day, so the door you can clear fastest should be last to get the most points by having the most recharge time.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One thing I learned is that a champed medusa and carnage even unboosted makes the doom sub so trivial. Definitely my favorite event now.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    True, Cardusa lets you get through those darn Sentries. Not fast, but it lets you get through.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I found that having the Mindless Ones around actually made the mixed Nodes easier than the purely Sentry ones. They have some Actives to trigger Flawless Flames, so I park them in the back and just try to stay on top of their countdowns.

Another reason I save the Maggia for last is that sub has the best dialog. Richards is just kind of whatever, Daredevil and Elektra are pretty depressing. But Cage, Fist, and Spidey snarking just gets great. I like to have that to look forward to :)
  • genapp
    genapp Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I do 3-1-2. No real reason. 

What I'd like someone to explain to me is how, in the last two runs of this event, I've placed near 50 in all three subs but for the event I never get above 250. 
  • zodiac339
    Options
    genapp said:

What I'd like someone to explain to me is how, in the last two runs of this event, I've placed near 50 in all three subs but for the event I never get above 250. 
    It's because of the different way Strange Sights works. Instead of your score during the day being compared to the entire bracket of 1000, your daily rank is against everyone in the bracket that chose the door you did. So if you're  50 in the 333 people who chose your door, the other two doors each have another 333 people with someone in there getting 50th in that section with the same score you got. So there are 49 people in your door with a better score than you, and another 49 people in each of the other 2 doors for a total of 147 people who made more points than you on that day. I hope that makes some kind of sense.
  • genapp
    genapp Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    genapp said:

It's because of the different way Strange Sights works. Instead of your score during the day being compared to the entire bracket of 1000, your daily rank is against everyone in the bracket that chose the door you did. So if you're  50 in the 333 people who chose your door, the other two doors each have another 333 people with someone in there getting 50th in that section with the same score you got. So there are 49 people in your door with a better score than you, and another 49 people in each of the other 2 doors for a total of 147 people who made more points than you on that day. I hope that makes some kind of sense.
    That makes sense thanks. I guess I sort of forgot that it worked that way since each sub displays "Players: 1000" which feels a little misleading but whatever. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doom is the hardest because of the Ultron Sentries.
    The Hand is the easiest of the 3 because none of the essential nodes has any tile movers (this can be important if you have an under covered essential).

I always do Doom first so that if I can't do 6/6 clears that I lose the fewest points because day 1 is worth the fewest points. Similarly, the 3rd day is worth the most points so I do the Hand last so I can get the max points every time regardless of my essentials.

KGB