Why was the gap between star-lord and Doc Oc so small?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Am i missing something?  

SL went into LTs on may 19.  Doc Oc went in today, June 19.  That is barely over 4 weeks.  

Are 5*s now coming out every 4 weeks?  Was doc oc early for a prmotional reasons?  If so, why?  He was out a month before homecoming. . .

In and of itself it's not that big a deal.  But it meant i had less time than expected to chase BP and came up 3 covers short, with a **** 1/5/4 build too so favorite'ing him is risky. Go **** yourself rng-only 5* progression!

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because they skipped a week between Star Lord and Rocket & Groot, if memory serves correct. Doc came out 2 weeks after Gamora like normal. Given that they are skipping one this week, I suspect the gap between Doc and the next 5* will be longer than normal.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I think the 19th is the norm. If I am right, Thanos was on a 19th as well. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because SL had a longer release store due to the mini-events. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Because SL had a longer release store due to the mini-events. 
    I think that's part of it and I also think they released the GotG characters closer together (like 1 per 1.5 weeks instead of 2 weeks), so this cut down a week + the mini-event vault cut out a week, there's the missing 2 weeks from the 6 week cycle.

I think Thanos date was coincidence.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I wish they'd hurry up and get Fart-Lord out of latest so I can pull my hoard.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross said:
    You mean Doc Ock too
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Daiches said:
    Hendross said:
    You mean Doc Ock too
    Yes, but if they keep pumping out garbage, where do you draw the line?

Doesn't the new fortified tile rules make him at least somewhat more interesting?  e.g matching a fortified Nuclear Reactor does generate Green AP refund and the CD remains
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I was lucky enough to get BP to 13 covers, but in the process I got 10 for Hawkeye. Would you guys hoard or go after the 3 covers? I'm not ready to get to the 5* tier and Hawkeye wouldn't change that, but getting 3 covers is pretty attainable. 
  • Vhailorx
    edited June 2017
    I would likely pull until you get 13 hawkeye covers and then hoarding.  Make sure he is set as your only 5* favorite too.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    FokaiHI said:
    I was lucky enough to get BP to 13 covers, but in the process I got 10 for Hawkeye. Would you guys hoard or go after the 3 covers? I'm not ready to get to the 5* tier and Hawkeye wouldn't change that, but getting 3 covers is pretty attainable. 

This whole thing was definitely too short, and I got lucky to finish Thanos, and then I got my 13th BP on Saturday. Waiting for CS to exchange it.

But I'm left with 8 Hawkeye covers. I decided I'm going to pull Latest until I finish him. I am already in 5* land, so I could use him, and I also like his skill set.

Then once Hawkeye is done, I'm planning to use CP on Classics to finish my Black Bolt, while hoarding LT's for the next time I pull a hoard.

Doc Oc looks interesting enough to me that I kinda want him even though he's not great, but Starlord is pure trash.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

Star Lord entered the tokens on the 19th - this was actually 4 days later than it normally would have been because they left the store open longer (due to his mini-event running.)

If we count from the Monday, it was 5 weeks since Star Lord entered the game.  The normal schedule is 6 weeks, so it was early, but only by a week.  That is probably for the reasons indicated above.

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches said:
    Hendross said:
    You mean Doc Ock too
    Sigh, counting down till September.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    There was also a bigger gap than normal between Hawkeye and starlord
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Am i missing something?  

SL went into LTs on may 19.  Doc Oc went in today, June 19.  That is barely over 4 weeks.  

Are 5*s now coming out every 4 weeks?  Was doc oc early for a prmotional reasons?  If so, why?  He was out a month before homecoming. . .

In and of itself it's not that big a deal.  But it meant i had less time than expected to chase BP and came up 3 covers short, with a tinykitty 1/5/4 build too so favorite'ing him is risky. Go tinykitty yourself rng-only 5* progression!
    I mean, it's only a matter of time before the 4* tier gets shut down and 5*s become the new normal. I can't say I'm shocked to see the release schedule for 5s get sped up a bit.
  • Vhailorx
    Jarvind said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Am i missing something?  

In and of itself it's not that big a deal.  But it meant i had less time than expected to chase BP and came up 3 covers short, with a tinykitty 1/5/4 build too so favorite'ing him is risky. Go tinykitty yourself rng-only 5* progression!
    I mean, it's only a matter of time before the 4* tier gets shut down and 5*s become the new normal. I can't say I'm shocked to see the release schedule for 5s get sped up a bit.
    If that's happening, then it sure would be nice if Demi could tell us.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Jarvind said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Am i missing something?  

If that's happening, then it sure would be nice if Demi could tell us.

That might happen eventually, but not until a 6* tier is introduced, which I think is still some time off.  I really do think that this 5* being a week (essentially) earlier is simply as a result of scheduling, not any kind of acceleration of the 5* tier.

If the game survives another year or two (which is likely at this point, but you never know,) then we'll probably start seeing something to expand the older players' options, and a new tier is the easiest "something" for them to do.  I don't think it's going to happen in the short term, though.