Down with Facebook!

Dave808
Dave808 Posts: 55 Match Maker
hey guys.  My account for this game is linked to my Facebook account. I would like to delete my Facebook account. I've had enough of Facebook and I want to completely removed it from my life. Do you guys know if there is anyway to change how  my account for this game is linked to me?  I want to delete my Facebook account but I don't want to lose all of my progress and purchases in this game. Is there anyway to transfer my Facebook login to like a normal Email login? Thanks. 

Comments

• Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    If you're set on completely deleting Facebook from your life, I don't know what you'd do. If you're okay with having a completely inactive Facebook page, you could either just keep your current Facebook and never log in, or you could create a 'dummy' Facebook amount with a new email address and then contact mtgpq customer service about having your mtgpq account transferred over to the new, dummy Facebook account. 

As far as I know it takes a bit of time. 
  • Dave808
    Thx for your input. I do indeed want Facebook completely removed from my life so I'm not interested in keeping an empty account or using a dummy account. However all suggestions and input are welcome and appreciated. Thanks very much!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just had the very same discussion a few days ago. This game is actually the one thing preventing me from deleting facebook. Might it be possible to use the google play account instead? I know that it is possible to log in there, but I don't know if there is a connection comparable to the facebook one, since the game don't ask to log in to google play.
  • Dave808
    Hmm that would be nice. Unfortunately I'm on iOS so doesn't apply at the moment. If there is no way I'll still do it and just start over but man that would be such a shame. I have almost all PW, a bunch of mythics, and all my colors are platinum. Not to mention the blow it would deal to my coalition where I'm by far the most active and valuable member. You would think it wouldn't be that complicated to create a new account and have customer support just switch my data over to it. I've put in a ticket and I await their reply. I don't have much hope though tbh. 
  • Dave808
    Wow guys. Got an update here with great news! It can be done and the problem is solved. Just got a reply to my support ticket and thought I'd share it here in case it's useful for anyone else. Here's the reply from csr:
    "Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

While Facebook is the only way to automatically backup your data, we can offer to manually restore or transfer your account on our end. All accounts are backed-up on our servers, so if your data is ever lost we can restore it manually. Please be sure to remember your current username and any information that may be helpful for recovering your account in the event that it is lost. Do you require this service now? If so, we would be more than happy to lend our assistance. 

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (KQM)"

Now that's what I call customer service! I'm very happy about this. Thanks everyone!

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    I've made this post before as a plea to D3 to allow alternative methods of saving a backup of the game beyond Facebook alone.
    I do not have Facebook. 
    My phone was destroyed a while back ago and I had to replace it. I went through the process of contacting customer service to have my account restored to my new phone. 
    It was not a quick or simple fix.
    They had to have my UID number, list of mythic cards I owned, in game  ID, and any other information that could make my account unique. 
    After providing that I had to create a new account for then to overwrite and complete the training.
    Having done all this it still took 6+ weeks for my account to be restored.

For those of us that do not have Facebook it would be great to have an alternative way to backup/restore our accounts. Google Play Games, I think, would be convenient for Android users. I'm not sure but iOS should have something similar.

@Dave808 I hope it goes more smoothly for you. As far as the reply from customer service, it's the same form letter they sent me. I hope your coalition can do without you for a few weeks.
  • Dave808
    Wow bummer man. Sorry to hear that. Yeah I definitely hope it goes quicker and smoother for me than it did for you. 
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor

I can't stand Facebook either.  Or LinkedIn for that matter.  But I keep both pages up, just in case an old buddy from school or work wants to chat or needs a reference.

Why not just leave your account intact?

• Dave808
    edited June 2017
    It's just a personal stance against a ridiculous and shady company. They have draconian rules and they treat their users horribly. I've just had enough. Obviously I know that they don't give a care about losing me but that doesn't mean I can't take a stance on it. They will no longer be able to track me, claim my photos and videos are their property, advertise to me, or drain my phones battery with their horrible app. I deleted my account last night and I feel great about it. Don't miss it at all and feel utterly liberated. 

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • Dave808
    Just to update you guys, the process is complete. My account has been transferred and Facebook is now out of the picture. The whole process took just 3 days for me so I'm not sure why some of you had so many problems getting this to work. Many thanks to the support staff at D3 for taking care of this. 
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    That's good to hear. Glad you had better luck than I did.
  • Furks
    Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    I have a Facebook account and I never log into it, it's pretty much dead except as a backup for this app. 
    In case you are concerned about privacy, know that Facebook is tracking you and building a profile regardless of whether you have an account or not. The only way to stop this is to use browser plug-ins like privacy badger.