Game freezing when cycling [Devs Aware]

Copioso
Copioso Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
I experienced this several times already, always during trials of zeal: if I tap the screen while cycling a card, to speed up the animation, the game will occasionally freeze.
This happened with many different cycling cards, but drake haven was never involved (since I don't have it).
Please fix this.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    I have a similar but possibly separate issue, where sometimes a card gets stuck such that everywhere I tap the card moves to where I tap. There's no way to put the card down or progress the game at all, I'm forced to quit the app and effectively forfeit the game. It's happened twice now. Both times also while cycling or trying to cycle. Though that could be just because that's all I do these days and it's what uses the screen the most.

It is probably related to the fact that currently on my ipad when the charger is plugged in the touch screen goes very flakey. The game is probably receiving a complicated and inconsistent set of screen touch signals to get it into that state.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Happened to me today.
    I was on lunch so I tried to play the last few games.
    Got Cycling going and had a bunch of Drakes, cycled like my 5th card got the first Drake and the game stopped.
    Had to quit...
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor

In addition to fixing this cycling bug, can we please have something added to the system menu that "unlocks" or "resets" the user interface?

I had my UI lock up in the Trials 3.3 node.  I figured I wasn't being careful enough cycling cards.  I made sure I was extra careful when I retried in the next match, but it went and locked up again.

We still have access to the system menu when that happens, so it would be quite useful to have a button in there that "resets" the user interface.  That way you can fix the game state without force quitting the match.

Losing these two matches might cost me progression in this already torturous event.  Not that I really care anymore, I think I've lost enjoyment.  I was almost happy to lock up in the first match (one less match to play).  But the second match really bothered me because I was two turns away from 50 ribbons.

• Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    What would be even better is a way to reconnect to the game when it crashes (I'm not holding my breath though).