forum talk

therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
How do I mute posts? 

I can't delete a post nor a comment so I suffer from too many alerts every time I log in. Annoying. 

Comments

• therightwaye
    Also, I'm aware of this in the settings "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." 

I just would prefer to be notified of some noteworthy posts I comment on. And ignore the others.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, I'm aware of this in the settings "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." 

I just would prefer to be notified of some noteworthy posts I comment on. And ignore the others.
    And how is the system supposed to determine what is noteworthy to you vs me?  This is an unreasonable request for technology.
  • therightwaye
    edited June 2017
    broll said:

And how is the system supposed to determine what is noteworthy to you vs me?  This is an unreasonable request for technology.
    You mark it. Do you have a facebook? Its easy enough to mute a post. So yeah give me the option to mute a post I don't give a damn about. 

Damn g, even Twitter has this capability. 
  • therightwaye
    WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE TECHNOLOGY! 

(sorry @broll that was my first thought.  :D:D:D )
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

You mark it. Do you have a facebook? Its easy enough to mute a post. So yeah give me the option to mute a post I don't give a damn about. 

Sorry I thought you were saying you wanted the system to magically determine what you liked and didn't like without any tagging.  
  • therightwaye
    broll said:
    broll said:

Sorry I thought you were saying you wanted the system to magically determine what you liked and didn't like without any tagging.  
    Well I want that too. :)

Isn't that what AdSense does? I just think about going on vacation and all of a sudden every banner ad is SunCountry. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    How do I block this thread?

Sorry, too easy.
  • therightwaye
    Well now you just put yourself on the hook for a bunch of alerts! With no way to mute @acescracked

Isn't that great!?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Noooooo!!! :smile:
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Go to your profile, under notification preferences.  Deselect 'Notify me when people comment on my discussions'.  Select 'Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions'.  Now only bookmark the discussions you feel are noteworthy.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only "follow" threads with very few posts. Don't follow a thread that gets lots of responses all the time.
  • therightwaye
    Beast1970 said:
    Go to your profile, under notification preferences.  Deselect 'Notify me when people comment on my discussions'.  Select 'Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions'.  Now only bookmark the discussions you feel are noteworthy.
    Oh, that might be the solution I want. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    ***Please use the Welcome to the Forum thread located here to discuss questions about the forum. There is also a lot of useful information already in that thread.

Side note, please do not post consecutively in a thread, just edit your previous post and add your new comments. Consecutive posts just clutter a thread and make it harder to read.***

Edit- Fixed link
This discussion has been closed.