choosing weekly boosted list

Options
yy83
yy83 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
I'm not sure if this would be too difficult to implement, but it would be nice if we could choose our weekly boosted characters.

Currently there at 5 boosted 3* and 4* (which are probably the tiers that matter to most players).

I'm proposing that before the start of the week, players should be allowed to choose 5 characters in each tier to be boosted for the coming week. There could be a setting of auto or manual at each tier, enabling a random choice with auto setting if you don't care what characters are boosted at that tier.

The selected characters will then be locked out for 6-8 weeks (or however long it takes to cycle through all the characters at that tier) before they can be boosted again.

The choices should be from all available characters, so for example if i only had the current 12 4* rostered, I can still choose Blade, Carol, and 3 other classics i do not have rostered to be the 5 characters that will make up my weekly boosted list. 

I feel that this would make the game more interested by adding some strategy for us to try and pick out characters who we think will fare well in the upcoming weekly events.

Newer players who don't have as many (or any) vaulted characters are also not severely disadvantaged, as there are currently some weeks where the boosted list are mostly older toons.

It should hopefully lead to not having to fight the same teams repeatedly in pvp since we'll be using different boosted toons.

I'm guessing that it will also affect some changes in pve rankings since there will again be some toons that fare better in certain events than others, which means there should be more variability in clear times.. unless you have champed 5trange and/or thano5.. but thats a different discussion which there's already plenty of in the forum =)

And lastly, it would also mean that i don't need to anxiously wait for brigby to update the sneak peak list to then be disappointed that i don't have any boosted for the week anyway!