Kaecillius damage...I forget.

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
You damage him by matching his strike tiles. I remember that.

Is it *just* strike tiles, or is it any special tile? So, for example, could I bring in Carnage and just mop the floor with him?

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Didn't try it with anything else but I do think you can only damage him with just strikes
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    By matching his strike tiles only.  Matched by you or him, but they must be directly matched
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    What about patch? If you give him strike tiles and then destroy those? Does that count? Or is it only his strikes that count? 
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    It is just matching (edit: enemy) strike tiles that result in damaging him. I like to use Elektra/SWitch/QSilver, and Elektra's purple strikes work so I'm sure Patch will work as well.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevO-J said:
    It is just matching (edit: enemy) strike tiles that result in damaging him. I like to use Elektra/SWitch/QSilver, and Elektra's purple strikes work so I'm sure Patch will work as well.
    Cool!! Thanks for the info!! 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bullseye (either version) plus partners to generate green for him works amazingly for this boss.  You can often line up multiple strike tile matches with each cast of his green power, provided you've got 5 covers in it.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Milk Jugz said:
    What about patch? If you give him strike tiles and then destroy those? Does that count? Or is it only his strikes that count? 
    @Milk Jugz Patch works.  I've used him in the previous runs.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Last run I used Patch, Quicksilver and Kamala.  Works like a charm.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Quicksilver, Mr Fantastic, and Thing. Damage gets high enough early to activate Thing's passive, then those massive protect tiles cut the damage way down. 2 board control swaps is great for getting the enemy strikes matched
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Another good idea is to bring Black Suit Spidey with some covers in purple (ideally 5) if you have him. Reducing damage from Kaecilius' strikes can improve your survivability a lot and he can make a good meatshield with his 5* healthpool.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Riri's blue is reasonably effective here, too, as bunching up the tiles lets Kaecillius match his own to speed things up (Riri's green also sends her airborne and thus immune to damage to let the boss kill himself if things start to go south, which saved me a couple times last run of this event)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Invisible Woman also works to keep everyone (or at least herself) alive.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, right. Riri. Too bad the Strikes are random colors. (I liked her on Patch PVP).
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always go with my champed hulkbuster, rulk, and cho. High health for everyone plus each has their own board shake. They have yet to fail to me each time the event is run.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Patch + Riri make things pretty easy. Throw in any BSS with covers in purple to help negate his strikes and it becomes trivial.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine was around lvl 519 (???), so I used my three 5*s, just so that the match damage alone wouldn't obliterate them after a few moves.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I used champed Spider Woman with OML and someone else. Put him out front to tank, build up black and then let Spider Woman keep the team from getting damaged for a few turns can make a bad board into a relatively easy match.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used reed, Coulson and quicksilver. Swap abilities in blue, purple and black. 2 from 2 so far but both times I was very close to wiping.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Riri was failing me in the second sub so I ran BSSM (only three covers, one being purple), Quicksilver and Mordo.  Mordo's black acceleration and both of their ability to hide behind the 5* damage sink worked pretty well.  We'll see if it lasts another round....