Why always bullseye and moonstone on story vilains?

Options
Whatever the story, you always fight moonstone or bullseye sooner or later? Is there a particular reason for that?

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most of the stories are from the "Dark Reign" plot arch where Norman Osborne overthrows SHIELD and replaces the Avengers with his own Dark Avengers, who include Moonstone and Bullseye. Also Ares, Venom, Yelena Belova, and Ragnarok. As HAMMER and the Dark Avengers are a common main enemy in the stories, we see them a lot.
  • Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    that plus the a lot of the story events are kinda old so the roster of enemies was smaller back then
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    And, there are few actual villain characters in the game.  Even less when it started.   So the pool is not big from a story perspective.  This, I think, is because more players want to use heroes, and therefore are motivated to collect/pursue them.

Edit: it takes a good amount of work to create a new character.  A new NPC would use a lot of resources while the devs are releasing characters every two weeks (usually).
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    We could always replace them with Thugs, Hitmen, and Muscles if you'd like... :(

Edit - Just watched the Benlova/Muscle/Muscle fight take out my champed, boosted LVL 381 Blade (31,195 health) downed in one turn after two of their 1500+ strike tiles came on the board. Not fun at all.
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    I think it would be nice for them to start adding some more lower level villains and I would love to see a 3or 4 start ares when I first got him my go to team was 2*Thor ares and 2* wolvie. That was back when it was more fun to play! How bout a run of 3and 4* villains that would make the game more interesting.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also Ares, Venom, Yelena Belova, and Ragnarok.
    Although Yelena wasn't involved in Dark Reign:
    The Thunderbolts member who they thought was Yelena Belova was actually the real Black Widow in disguise, working undercover for the resistance.

I suspect part of the problem is that they want relatively simple enemies in story mode that players will be able to predict the behaviour of.  That's generally going to mean 1* or 2* characters, which they simply don't make any more.

They've added new goon characters, but they're not particularly interesting from the narrative point of view, so we get the old fall backs.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options

I suspect part of the problem is that they want relatively simple enemies in story mode that players will be able to predict the behaviour of.  That's generally going to mean 1* or 2* characters, which they simply don't make any more.
    This, I'm sure. The AI is limited, obviously, but it can play these straightforward skill sets predictably and well (enough). It's the same reason the canned teams are always the same for the gimme rounds of PvP events. 
  • nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options
    Again, the last stories, Bullseye, Moonstone, Daken and Venom. The usual suspects.
  • Mach0maine
    Mach0maine Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Personally I'm sick of them they need to stop with the dark avengers.

I personally wouldn't mind more Maggie/hand/or whatever I just don't like movers. Especially as the game is grindy as hell- it may as well be quicker and not annoying like it currently is with tanks moonstone and Ragnorok 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moonstone is ultra, ultra boring to fight. At least Rags is mostly harmless...
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lack of imagination and effort.  In year one it made sense.  Now?  There really is no excuse they have had plenty of team to develop whatever they wanted.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We could always replace them with Thugs, Hitmen, and Muscles if you'd like... :(
    Where do I sign?
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jamesh said:

Although Yelena wasn't involved in Dark Reign:
    The Thunderbolts member who they thought was Yelena Belova was actually the real Black Widow in disguise, working undercover for the resistance.

Confusingly, it seemed as though some writers at the time weren't aware of this, and wrote Yelena completely straight. It's left to the reader to decide whether it creates plot holes or just makes Black Widow look more skilful at impersonation...