I'm back, what happened???

Wooodd
Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
So today after uninstalling the game 3-4 months ago madness took over me and I reinstalled MPQ on my phone (I must be crazy).

Since reinstalling the game is running really slow on my S4 (I know I know, get a new phone you tight bum) and a lot of the cover arts don't display. Is this a known issue or is it just my phone that is ready for the knackers yard?

Other than that how is everyone? Did I miss much?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know, dumb question, but do you have the latest update?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did you update to the latest release?  The only time I've had art not display correctly was because I disable the update due to game bugs.
  • Wooodd
    I think so, Only just installed the game again an hour ago

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    What was the last terrible change before you left? There might be a couple more. Other than that, nothing much
  • Wooodd
    I left just as they introduced the bonus hero thingy when opening tokens.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Wooodd said:
    I left just as they introduced the bonus hero thingy when opening tokens.
    You poor soul, things have not improved since then, IMO  :D
  • Wooodd
    Beer40 said:

You poor soul, things have not improved since then, IMO  :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    On a fresh install, the game lags horribly.  I believe it's because its still downloading additional files.  Lasts a couple hours and loading takes forever in between matches.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Currently running a test to tie scaling to event SCL selection rather than individual rosters. Much debate about what SCL level is appropriate/fair and for what ranks (current test and last one, SCL 8 is levels 47+ which is much more wide open than previous).

Bagman got the improvements in the last round of rebalancing characters and is now one of the most powerful characters since they nerfed OML. 
  • Wooodd
    Currently running a test to tie scaling to event SCL selection rather than individual rosters. Much debate about what SCL level is appropriate/fair and for what ranks (current test and last one, SCL 8 is levels 47+ which is much more wide open than previous).

Bagman got the improvements in the last round of rebalancing characters and is now one of the most powerful characters since they nerfed OML. 
    SCL scaling should be interesting, hows that playing out? At work so haven't played much yet.

Guess my 4/2/4 OML isn't worth a fart anymore then, I champed bagman before I quit (lvl 95) but never used him really. What they do to him?
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

vaulting drama, OML nerf drama, cheating drama and a new proposal to do away with roster based scaling....  IMO everything since vaulting has been forgettable unless you run with OML as a mainstay. 

I believe they have done a good job removing roster based scaling however the rewards and gradations in SCL need some serious work (5 to 6 SCLs devoted to 3* and below roster play, only two devoted to rosters ready to move beyond the 3* tier. so a lot of different level of players crammed into SCL7 and 8 against each other)  Rewards don't reflect difficulty well yet.  

• animaniactoo
    Wooodd said:

[...], I champed bagman before I quit (lvl 95) but never used him really. What they do to him?
    Oops. Sorry. That was supposed to be an Obvious Joke™. I didn't mean to get your hopes up!
  • animaniactoo
    As for the SCL scaling test, I'm playing a level down with my first champed 4* and for the first time in many months, PVE is only taking me an hour at the beginning and about an hour at the end, bringing it back into reasonable amounts of play time for me... meaning I am much less likely to give up on the game rather than continue my psychotic streak of pouring 3-4 hours a day into it. So for me, it's working out well so far. Others may have different opinions.
  • Wooodd
    As for the SCL scaling test, I'm playing a level down with my first champed 4* and for the first time in many months, PVE is only taking me an hour at the beginning and about an hour at the end, bringing it back into reasonable amounts of play time for me... meaning I am much less likely to give up on the game rather than continue my psychotic streak of pouring 3-4 hours a day into it. So for me, it's working out well so far. Others may have different opinions.
    Yeah, the joke flew right over my head. Whoooossh.

Hope the tests prove positive and they leep it. 1-2 hours a days alright. I left before because it was eating away all my time (and part of my soul)
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Another thing they did was to increase the rewards you get from PvE progression (including doubling everything for 7 day events), however you have to do 5 clears of all repeatable nodes to get the top reward.  The 5th clear can be at 2/3 points and they said it should still be enough to get the top command points.

In addition, Intercept Rewards are no longer available to f2p people - you had to have bought something/anything in the past 28 days to get Intercepts (even the $2 hero points will reportedly get you Intercepts for 28 days).  This change is due to there being technical issues with the videos playing for f2p members, so they dropped it entirely for f2p members and increased the rewards for the Deadpool Daily Quest to somewhat compensate.

Lastly, they introduced Heroes for Hire.  This store corresponds with the current and upcoming daily Deadpool "Behemoth Burrito" characters.  Depending on your SHIELD Rank it'll give you the option to buy a specific cover of the 3* or 4* essential for that node.  They ran a test on two different pricing points (2500 and 3600 Hero Points, the 3600 HP package had more Elite covers, CPs, and ISO) and, allegedly, found that the 3600 Hero Point price was more popular, which I personally find suspect, but whatever - it helps with getting that last cover you need for that poor 5/5/2 vaulted character.

Personally, on the whole I don't mind the changes implemented recently.  I have to hoard my command points and tokens and wait to get enough ISO to champ the latest chars because I get their covers so fast, but I am having an easier time covering 4* characters in the 3*->4* transition.  I've been able to finish covering several additional vaulted characters from bonus heroes (by only having a single favorite 4* at a time).  Obviously my experience has been a bit more positive than others, and the dissatisfied people definitely have some good arguments for why things aren't great, but I am still having fun =).

Edit: Additional context for some of the changes.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Wooodd,

Welcome back fellow alliance member! Glad youre back. I actually just retired again last week.. no retirement post this time lol. Anyways good luck on your return! 
  • Wooodd
    @Landale very informative post. Thankyou very much

@Punisher5784 Thanks pun. one in one out eh. Regular tag team.