Who to champ?

Steirerbua
Steirerbua Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
Hi guys,
on a special occasion I cracked a bunch of legendary tokens ending up in a dilemma. You all know the situation: Too many covers - too little ISO8.
So of the current 12 4* characters I am glad to have Medusa and Blade champed as per today.

But - here's the tricky part: I ended up with three max-covered characters - which I do no not appreciate too much on the one hand, but hate having to waste covers for. These are:
* Mordo (5/5/3) - 3 covers in the queue
* Agent Venom (5/5/3) - 3 covers in the queue
* Riri Williams (5/5/3) - 1 cover in the queue

The little ISO8 I have left will let me champ exactly one of them.

So - which one would you pick if you were me and why?

Thank you a lot in advance!

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    based on the two you already have champed i'd say hold out for someone better
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I think Mordo is underrated on the boards. Run him at 5/5/3 and never worry about him. His black and his blue both feed his black, his black is cheap and hits 4K unboosted, and his blue hits for almost 6K and can cause black matches.

Since you're in the start of the 4* transition, the trio of Blade/Mordo/IM40 works very, very well. IM40 feeds bloodlust, Blade's green and Mordo's blue. Much fun ensues. 

Riri is also underrated on the boards, but given you've got Medusa and will still leverage people like IM40 for awhile, a red nuke is not your highest priority. I've champed Agent Venom, but haven't figured out how to use him yet...

As you can tell, my vote goes with Mordo; 

• bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Personally, I'd go with Agent Venom. His black does >4K damage for 5 AP, making him quite useful for easy nodes and lightning rounds (he has quite a bit of health and can survive a fair number of Thanos' Court Deaths).

The cheap black also helps him synergize with passives like Kamala/Coulson/ProfX or take advantage of strike tiles. Even though it technically costs 7 AP since it drains 2AP of a second color, I still end up using it a lot when he is on my team.

His yellow is also a reasonably strong AOE (the invisibility is sort of a double edged sword, but it's especially good as a team-up). Yellow offensive powers are relatively rare, yellow AOE even more so. His red is also decent, but you can typically pair him with a better red user.

I was skeptical of Agent Venom, but after I champed him I started using him more than expected. He does good damage and fills a couple of unique niches. At 5 covers, his black is not as limiting as you'd think, as long as you don't pair him with characters that have really expensive powers.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I have all three champed, and I'd say Agent Venom, then Riri, then Mordo. I will confess that I still haven't got the hang of Mordo and he may be a diamond in the rough, but Agent Venom is incredibly versatile and Riri is a beast when boosted.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    From my perspective you have 3 things to consider:
    - Order they leave tokens
    - How many extra covers
    - How good are they.

Order they leave:
    Agent Venon - 3rd
    Riri - 6th
    Mordo - 7th

Extra covers you listed:
    3 - Agent Venom & Mordo
    1 - Riri

How good are they (my rankings):
    1. Riri
    2. Mordo (but pretty close)
    3.  Agent Venom

2 out of the 3 point towards Agent Venom and since none of the 3 are stellar characters I'd go with him.