What If Alliance Trophies Were Worth Something?

Options
consumedfire
consumedfire Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
I think it would help competition within the alliance if there were some incentive to finishing in the Top 3 in each event. They tried to give a little incentive back when they did the dreaded Boss Rush, but the rewards were 3* Storm covers (if I remember correctly). So, the idea just kind of faded away. I think it wasn't a bad idea per se, but it was introduced as part of a disastrous event (IMO).

Imagine if you could trade your trophies for prizes like Iso-8, HP, CP, or LT. I'm thinking that the gold trophies would be worth 3 trophies, the silver worth 2 trophies, and the bronze is worth 1 trophy. Or maybe they can give out "trophies" for the Top 10 in each event. 

The reward system could look like this:

25 trophies= 10,000 Iso-8
50 trophies = 250 HP
100 trophies = 1 LT

I was just thinking about it and I thought I'd post it.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since I'm almost always in the top 3 for my Alliance, I am hugely in favour of this :)
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since I'm almost always in the top 3 for my Alliance, I am hugely in favour of this :)
    I'm generally in the top 3 of mine too, but I wouldn't like this. I really enjoy the cooperative spirit of boss events, and don't really want to be competing against my teammates.

I was in a different alliance when the odious Boss Rush ran, and I finished first, largely because I was the only person who wanted the Mohawk Storm cover. I didn't enjoy it.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    True. I'm mostly up there not because I'm super competitive, but just because I'm in a fairly casual Alliance, and I have a lot of time on my hands, so I'm one of the few who regularly even plays to full progression.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Terrible idea.
    Unless you're in some awful random public alliance, everyone will pull their weight anyway.
    The last thing we need is intra-alliance competition.

If you ARE in an awful random public alliance, move to one where everyone knows what they're doing.