Bl4de The Bloodlust not hitting invisible enemies

zodiac339
zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
I'd previously seen this issue with Chekov's Gun, and today saw it with The Bloodlust. Invisible Woman turned her team invisible, and The Bloodlust was having no affect (besides using up AP). Like Chekov's Gun and Moonsilver Blades, The Bloodlust deals its damage randomly rather than targeted, and should be damaging invisible enemies, including when they are alone. I tried a search about it, but all I saw was something on Do As Peggy Says not stunning an invisible enemy. It seems as if invisibility is just treating anything that isn't specifically AOE as if it's targeted, almost a 180 change from the bug that treated all abilities as AOE.

I'm sorry if this is something that's been actually addressed/identified by developers as a bug or working as intended. At least it's not another "Dr. Strange passive bugged, not triggering on Snipers" post.

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I always like to say, it's better to ask and be told it's normal than to never ask when it turns out to be a bug.

I've seen comments before on Gwenpool's Green so I can imagine that it's the same issue with all characters that attack a random enemy. I'm currently waiting on a reply from the team as I've gone ahead and forwarded the message. If I get any updates I'll be sure to post them in here for your convenience.
  • zodiac339
    Thank you. Yeah, I was the one mentioning Chekov's Gun before. This one was much more obvious though with the entire enemy team invisible and none of them taking random damage.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen this happen with random stuns lately too, only enemy is invisible and no stun occurs.
  • zodiac339
    I saw this happen with a stun just today! I was using Agent Venom and had used Take Cover. AI used Teenage Kicks (team up), but nobody was stunned. It didn't even hit the visible Agent Venom.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Well, if one is invisible, he shouldn't be damaged... that's why he is invisible.
  • zodiac339
    No, it's only supposed to affect targeted effects. Abilities that are AOE and hit random targets are still supposed to hit invisibles enemies, specifically because they aren't targeted effects. Only airborne provides (is supposed to provide) full immunity.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I think it works a bit like abilities that stun a random character.

A few months ago there was a change that allowed stun-immune characters being targeted by "stun random enemy" abilities - and then ignore the effect (instead of the ability just choosing one of the remaining characters)

It might be that Blade red or Gwenpool green count as targetted abilities, i.e. they choose a random enemy character and then try targetting and damaging them (which would fail if the target's invisible).

If that's the case, Blade red should do no damage 1/3 of the time if one enemy is invisible.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Randomly targetted damage (Bloodlust, Moonsilver Blades, Chekov's Gun, possibly others) have been specifically noted by the devs as ignoring invisibility when selecting targets, hence, this is a bug.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Randomly targetted damage (Bloodlust, Moonsilver Blades, Chekov's Gun, possibly others) have been specifically noted by the devs as ignoring invisibility when selecting targets, hence, this is a bug.
    The same applies for random invisibility, too.

The one weird edge case is Peggy Carter's blue, which stuns every enemy except the target.  Originally, this would stun invisible characters, as they were not targeted, with this even including a single invisible character in a one-on-one match.  Later, this was changed to not affect invisible characters.  At first it felt to me like it was wrong for that power not to affect invisible characters, but one can view that power not as a random or untargeted stun, but instead as one that has a sort of inverse targeting, since it is so predictable in its effects.

Anyway, random stuns and random damage are both skipping invisible characters, and that's a bug.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now I'm curious about random invisibility... :)