Can Someone Clarify 3* Rotation for me?

NastyNate
NastyNate Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
I'm sure this information is out there, but I can't find it. Seriously, it's hard to keep up with the changes in this game.

I think I understand the 4* rotation out of packs, but what's the deal with 3*s? Are they getting rotated back in? It's clearly not currently based on release dates, I'm just generally confused.

Is the only way to get covers for someone like, say, Sentry, is to have them marked as a bonus hero going forward?

Comments

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

Sounds like you nailed it.

No reason to believe that once a character is retired it will ever come back.

Not based on release date, however new characters get in the featured pool and I personally think its reasonable to expect new released post-vaulting will file out in release date order.

You can get retired characters from rewards and bonus heroes.  They still appear occasionally in store vaults, like taco tokens, to include a vintage store during the off season.

• NastyNate
    NastyNate Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Thanks! So, it sounds like vaulted 3* will be difficult to champion but will still be in taco vaults, etc. So, possibly still worth a character slot?
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

Personally I don't think they'll be terribly hard to champion, they're given generously as rewards in pve progression, daily deadpool and do pop up in stores...   I would absolutely count on rostering them all.  I would also count on having your champion 3* landscape look very skewed in favor of whats available in tokens.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards

Personally I don't think they'll be terribly hard to champion, they're given generously as rewards in pve progression, daily deadpool and do pop up in stores...   I would absolutely count on rostering them all.  I would also count on having your champion 3* landscape look very skewed in favor of whats available in tokens.

Definitely this. I've gotten perhaps 6 Sentry covers since October, compared to somewhere around 17 Kamala Khan covers. So he's still climbing, but much slower than the 20 still in tokens. 

Bonus heroes for 3*s definitely evens it out, though (for one character at a time). I've probably gotten 30-40 3* bonus heroes so far.