Elite Pack #8 - Masterpiece Collection

Options
sjechua
sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
edited June 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Vote for what you open below ... extras in comments if you want to share ;)

Elite Pack #8 - Masterpiece Collection 81 votes

Consecrated Sphinx
4% 4 votes
Loyal Retainers
1% 1 vote
Pact of Negation
2% 2 votes
As Foretold
8% 7 votes
Cruel Reality
14% 12 votes
Rhonas the Indomitable
11% 9 votes
Samut, Voice of Dissent
9% 8 votes
Temmet, Vizier of Naktamun
19% 16 votes
Would purchase if I had the mana jewels
16% 13 votes
Not intending to purchase
11% 9 votes

Comments

• sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And a SS for reference ...

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Rhonas. Meh. But could be worse. Could be the retainees
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    allready have Rhonas: dont want the rest
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Temmet, not bad at all. Defibetly a boost for the "embalm 3" events :)
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mythics in this batch aren't that bad - the only real bad mythic would be Samut... unless you can work a way to cheat Samut out instead of the 24 mana cost.

Masterpieces are also solid.  Pact of Negation is effectively a better Insidious Will, Loyal Retainers can really cause problems if there are a number of creatures already in the graveyard, and Consecrated Sphinx will grow rather quickly (especially if you play Lost Hope as Tezzeret [eek!]).

However I have no plans on buying since I already have 3 of the Mythics already... and I really don't want to contend with the dupe problem right now.
  • tinyau
    tinyau Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Got Consecrated Sphinx
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i got one also, not what i was hoping for but ecent enough card by all means.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really want Cruel Reality, but already have Rhonas and Temmet, so not wanting to risk a dupe.
  • Gotcha617
    Gotcha617 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    Literally got the card I wanted least. But Temmet will help for the embalm 3 or more matches. I will get another pull and will gladely take another shot at sphinx or cruel
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options

Has anyone pulled Loyal Retainers?  The text is confusing a bit.  At first I thought it would be like Scrapheap Scrounger where you could self miss creatures to "destroy" them and then get your retainers killed for a quasi deploy.  But the text says, "last 3 creatures you controlled other than Loyal Retainers that were destroyed are returned to the battlefield."  Does this mean that the current copy of Loyal Retainers wont be returned or no copies? If I use turn against on an enemy creature and then kill it, will it join my team once the retainers die?

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    babar3355 said:

Has anyone pulled Loyal Retainers?  The text is confusing a bit.  At first I thought it would be like Scrapheap Scrounger where you could self miss creatures to "destroy" them and then get your retainers killed for a quasi deploy.  But the text says, "last 3 creatures you controlled other than Loyal Retainers that were destroyed are returned to the battlefield."  Does this mean that the current copy of Loyal Retainers wont be returned or no copies? If I use turn against on an enemy creature and then kill it, will it join my team once the retainers die?

my understanding of controlled means under your
    full control regardless of if it has entered the
    battlefield or not. turn against don't count but
    confiscation coup will count. I think the text means
    loyal retainers cannot loop itself or any copies from
    the graveyard.

HH
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Finally did my first pull at the elite pack and got the worst--Samut. Literally the only one I didn't want. Guess it was destined
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    babar3355 said:

Loyal Retainers will return 3 creatures from the graveyard that are not named Loyal Retainers.  Meaning it cannot return itself in any way, shape, or form.  However Loyal Retainers can and will bring back creatures that you may have been forced to discard (discarded cards go to your graveyard - just like creatures that are destroyed on the battlefield)!

If Loyal Retainers could bring itself back... that would be REALLY BROKEN - even more so than black's Prized Amalgam.  Then again... you could bring it back with Dark Petition, a 9 mana rare from the Origins set, in a Sorin deck (black/white resurrection shenanigans)!
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    May I suggest adding another option for the next Poll?
    • Not willing to chance getting a duplicate
    I might have gotten a pack if not that I already own Rhonas and don't want to deal with dupes.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby can you confirm that if I purchased an
    elite pack and got a dupe that I would get another
    roll of the dice? what about if subsequent rolls
    were also dupes and they occurred after the
    duplicate system is in place?

HH
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @hawkyh1
    As of right now, if you purchase an Elite Pack, and receive a duplicate card, you can submit a support ticket to be credited another Elite Pack. This policy will no longer be available after Booster Crafting is implemented.

Hypothetically if you had a support ticket that was still in progress both before and after the implementation of Booster Crafting, I would recommend requesting it be escalated at that point.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since none of the cards listed this time is something I already have, I gladly picked one. Got Rhonas. Not bad, I say
  • steamer
    steamer Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Pulled twice and got As Foretold and Samut, Voice of Dissent
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "As Foretold". A decent pull.
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Rhonas, not a dupe, now have 4 of 5 gods.

Would have loved anything else