Where is the quest in puzzle quest?

Options
KoneIV
KoneIV Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
the way I see it is this game has turned into a series of events. When I first got this game there was only story mode where you work your way through each level before you can move onto the next with a couple of secondaries for extra reward, like you where on your way through the multiverse. 
And then there was quick battle so you could tune your deck against other planeswalkers, not my thing but it had a significant following. 
We got a new block of cards to play with, which came with a new set of challenges for us to continue our quest and an optimised venue to play the new cards we could get. 
With the next expansion we got events, oath of the gatewatch, which with the way it was designed it was like the next part of the quest and the rewards were amazing and addictive. 
Since then we have got 5 sets of cards, lots of different events which are a rehash of themselves and nothing new where a player can log in play a specific card set and challenges or style of play in their own time. 
Which brings me back to where is the quest in Magic the Gathering: Puzzle Quest? 

Thank you for your time
KoneIV
KlubKone

Comments

• Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The quest is to find the new quests . They are hidden somewhere on the d3 servers. Good luck.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We can make our own side quests, I think. It's very sandbox-y like that.

I choose to play the coalition game. It's fun seeing how many of my teammates can dominate the various individual leaderboards. It's satisfying taking up precious real estate in the top ten coalitions for each event. 

It's actually pretty rewarding to successfully manage multiple coalitions and it's always exciting when we and our friendly rivals (what's a competition without rivals? And if we need them, we may as well be friendly!) can claim a bulk of the top rewards. 
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Story mode. The quest is in story mode. We just haven't gotten a new chapter since zendikar. I would love a new story chapter. They're actually moderately challenging at the higher levels. Plus you get good stuff. 
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes story mode should be the quest part of the game but is it really? 
    There is no story in story mode. There's no plot and no real conformity to it. Just a bunch of random matches. 
    The only real quest in this game is the "training" that you go through when you first start the game. It's not much but at least there is a plot and conversation that lead to the next battle.