Whats the point of limited characters?

Options
talleman
talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
As the title says. Why are they limited and whats the point adding them to your roster?

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mostly they were special characters added at anniversary events.  Having them on your roster is like a trophy showing you were there.  None of them are strong characters, so you're not missing anything by not having them.  (Here come the Howard supporters to tell me I'm wrong.)
  • talleman
    Options
    Cant se the point of wasting a roster spot for a one covered limited characters when you aint get any benefits of having them. Especially when you cant get them in tokens or set them as bonus characters. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The same point as variant covers in comics.

Limited = "special" = $$$$$

• talleman
    Options
    smkspy said:

Then there should be a value of having them. Wich its not. If i could trade them or sell them then i get it.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Mostly they were special characters added at anniversary events.  Having them on your roster is like a trophy showing you were there.  None of them are strong characters, so you're not missing anything by not having them.  (Here come the Howard supporters to tell me I'm wrong.)
    Howard is quite a bit of fun to use and I'm not even *quack* around. :D

**As much as I love a duck pun, it's a bit too close to a word that's prohibited on the forums. -Ducky
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, they're not very good (Bag-man in particular is just terrible), but they're fun. Nothing like having a dinosaur on your side, or busting out some good ol' Quack-Fu to brighten up your day :)
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tomorrow and Thursday I get a Devil Dino in my daily rewards. That will bring him up to level 282. I get to use him once every blue moon in that last node of The Hunt.  Yeah, Howard is decent, not great, and the others are terrible, but I still have them all on my roster. Why?  Reasons.
  • smkspy
    edited June 2017
    Options
    talleman said:
    smkspy said:

Then there should be a value of having them. Wich its not. If i could trade them or sell them then i get it.

There is value to them, personal value. Likewise, you can sell them once you get them, and for the 4 stars build them with cp if you chose.

I remember selling off my 3 year  one anni rewards for devil dino. Needed the roster space for other characters at the time. That next game anniversery events I ended up with 9 dino covers. 

I agree though, they should able to be listed as BHs. It's a needless restriction considering you can buy your way to max covering them.if you so choose.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You're wrong about Howard! He was added on April Fool's Day!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    talleman said:
    If you collect enough bag man covers, you will get some 3* spider-man covers as champion rewards.  Surely that's worth it?
  • talleman
    Options
    jamesh said:8
    talleman said:
    If you collect enough bag man covers, you will get some 3* spider-man covers as champion rewards.  Surely that's worth it?
    Haha your absolutely right. From now on i will spend all my time trying to get bag-man covers xD
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jamesh said:
    talleman said:
    You can actually get a legendary token from bagman
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Indeed, the most legendary of all tokens.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    jamesh said:
    talleman said:
    You can actually get a legendary token from bagman
    You can get legendary tokens from lots of places though.  It's the spider-man covers that set Bag-Man apart.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Funny enough, I use to roll in bag man covers before rostering him. Then when I finally add him, they just stop dropping. Love that gameplay mechanic lol.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    because they're cool.
    anyone else have sticky tiles or snarky moves? 
    nobody can vogue like DevilDino. that's why she's so fierce
    HtD is an MCU 4* All-star! he's got great skills: tile remover,invisibility,stun. Go watch the movie(s) already.
    you want a real puzzle? add yelena to a team. I play her every day for the 1*DPD. 
    smkspy said:
    I agree though, they should able to be listed as BHs. It's a needless restriction considering you can buy your way to max covering them.if you so choose.
    how can I buy more bagman covers? I haven't seen one in months. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    purplemur said:

smkspy said:
    For 20HP, you can raise a power level for any 3*, as long as you already have at least one of that colour. If you don't have any, or it's champed, tho, no, you can't "buy" those covers.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    purplemur said:

smkspy said:
    For 20HP, you can raise a power level for any 3*, as long as you already have at least one of that colour. If you don't have any, or it's champed, tho, no, you can't "buy" those covers.
    1) CP, not HP.
    2) Bagman isn't a 3*, so he cannae do that!
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Right on both counts. Staying up until 2AM is not good for my brain. Thanks for catching those.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Funny enough, I use to roll in bag man covers before rostering him. Then when I finally add him, they just stop dropping. Love that gameplay mechanic lol.
    I used to roll in them too, then I finally rostered him, champed him, and now for my effort..... Only 1 more cover, he's been sitting at 95 for months..........