Friendly Fortified Countdown tiles being destroyed

Options
Pongie
Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
if I recall correctly, fortified tiles should lose their fortification status when matched and remain as special/countdown tiles. With Coulson boosted this week in pvp, I'm running into a lot of Hawkeye/Coulson teams. I'm a hawkeye user myself, but I don't have Coulson to pair with him. Therefore these battles already have me at a disadvantage. With the bug, it's even worst as I need those fortified countdown tiles to expire. 

What at I have noticed is the majority of the time, fortifies tiles behaves correctly when matched. However, on several occasions, my fortified tiles will be destroyed on matching. It seem to only happen on AI's turn and only during cascades into the fortified tile. At first I thought I must have missed the cascade and the tiles were matched twice. However, when it happened again shortly after, I was sure it wasn't matched twice in the cascade (not enough blue tiles to do so). 

This is very hard to test since matching fortified tiles yourself doesn't produce the bug. You need to have fortified tiles out (easy when using hawkeye) and then hope the AI cascade into matching it. 

Hopefully dev can identify the problem and fix this soon. Hawkeye is my only 5* championed and I'm forced to use him even if he is slightly nerfed because of this bug. 

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think what's happening here is you're making a colored match with more than 6 TU AP, and then Coulson's passive is triggering and counting down your (fortified) Countdown tile to 0.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Could it be that the game behaves differently depending on whether the fortified tile is matched or if it's destroyed by a match 4 (ie. one of the other 4 tiles)
  • Pongie
    Options
    I think what's happening here is you're making a colored match with more than 6 TU AP, and then Coulson's passive is triggering and counting down your (fortified) Countdown tile to 0.
    I don't have Coulson championed, so not using him. Unless enemy Coulson is ticking down my countdowns (with no effect) then that's a totally weird bug.

Starfury said:
    Could it be that the game behaves differently depending on whether the fortified tile is matched or if it's destroyed by a match 4 (ie. one of the other 4 tiles)
    I'm referring to making matches here, not destroyed in a match 4 path
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Sorry, I mis-read your post. Who are you running on your team?
  • Pongie
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hawkeye and moonknight in pvp
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Hawkeye and moonknight with...
  • Pongie
    Options
    Last event was mystique, this event is squirrel girl
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't know if this the same as what you saw, but I've seen fortified tiles turned into critical tiles when they are the center piece in a match-5. I saw this a lot recently with Mr. Fantastic's Flexibility (blue).  I would swap tiles and make match-5's, they would become fortified protect tiles, then immediately turn into critical tiles.  
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One thing that can happen with Hawkeye is you have so many fortified blue tiles near each other that in a cascade, you make a match three of fortified tiles, or one with two fortified tiles and another blue ready to drop in place.  If this happens, the non-fortified blue tiles (if any) in the match 3 are removed, and the formerly fortified blue tiles remain where they are, potentially acting as part or all of another match.  A fully-fortified match-3 loses fortification and then immediately matches again, removing the tiles.

But even with Hawkeye's blue-countdown spamming and fortification, I would expect this to be infrequent without using a lot of other board-shake inducing powers on one side or the other.
  • Pongie
    Options
    I definitely kept an eye of that after seeing it happen the first time. There was no way it was multiple matches since there were only 3 blue tiles (all were fortified countdowns) which were all destroyed. 

Haven't seen it since though. It's very difficult to reproduce this since you're relying on board to be in a state that has fortified countsdown matchable in a cascade and for the AI to actually make that match.
  • Pongie
    Options
    I think I finally figured out what may have happened (thanks to playing with iron fist 4* and blade 3* this week in pve). If all three tiles are fortified when matched, then there is no movement and the same three tiles are immediately matched again and destroyed. Only saw this since blade was spamming red tiles and fist was fortifying them only to have gorgon chase those red tiles. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

Another scenario where a fortified tile just disappears would be if you're making a match 5. The middle tile is replaced with a critical tile, even if it's fortified.
  • Pongie
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Starfury said:
    Another scenario where a fortified tile just disappears would be if you're making a match 5. The middle tile is replaced with a critical tile, even if it's fortified.
    Wouldn't it be cool to have the critical tile keep the fortified status so you can use it twice? When fortified countdowns gets converted by 5* bw, the basic tiles keeps the fortified status.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Starfury said:
    Wouldn't it be cool to have the critical tile keep the fortified status so you can use it twice? When fortified countdowns gets converted by 5* bw, the basic tiles keeps the fortified status.
    That can happen with Yelena's Payback Mission, too. I thought it was kind of cool, actually, even tho I was the one getting hit by it.

EDIT: I should see if 2* Bullseye can do that too. Being able to hit specific tiles like that would be awesome.
  • Pongie
    Options
    TPF Alexis said:
    I should see if 2* Bullseye can do that too. Being able to hit specific tiles like that would be awesome.
    Done exactly that and it does work.