Blue Trials Broken?

Options
RhysMarkov
RhysMarkov Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
Figured I would check here first and see if anyone else had experienced this. I checked the bugs forum and didn't see anything.

2x Damage: Not working for player, and only inconsistently applied for the AI. The only time I saw it happening was when the AI had Fevered Dreams out, and it either did no damage or the 2x damage.

2x Mana: Again, the same. Not working for player, and inconsistently applied for the AI.

Also, the app spun on loading a match, forcing me to restart the game, which resulted in a loss.

Anyone else come across this?

Also, I'm posting this here instead of in the bugs forum for visibility.

Comments

• Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is by design. Only your opponent get benefits (enraged. Mana charged). Check out description of node. It is described that only your opponent is enraged 
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Though Szamsziel's comment on the bonuses is accurate, I had a similar freeze bug at the beginning of a match in the white Trial yesterday.

I assumed it was part of the general issue of game freezes, and not specifically tied to TOTP. 
  • RhysMarkov
    Options
    Oh. Gotcha. So I'm gambling 30 crystals on the premise that I can beat player decks with ridiculous advantages. Thanks. 07
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh. Gotcha. So I'm gambling 30 crystals on the premise that I can beat player decks with ridiculous advantages. Thanks. 07
    It isn't that bad. You can manage pretty well with a bit of tinkering. It is a challenge, yes, but so much more in this game isn't, so I'll take it.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah. this event is intended more for late game players according to the developers.  But that being said, for 30 crystals you should pretty easily get a booster which costs 60 crystals in the store.  Sure you are giving up the guarantee rare for the 300 pack, but still seems like a good deal.  And every game you win past 1 gets you further "into the money".  Typically the event costs 60 crystals which makes it a less attractive deal, especially for newer players.

• RhysMarkov
    Options
    True. I dunno, the risk/reward for it doesn't't add up for me. The purple crystals aren't accumulated at a rate which inspires me to do the event (the only thing I've seen the purple crystals used for is the 400 crystal chance at something cool, and considering I got ~10-20 crystals from the event, that's a someday /never situation), and making back the entry fee at the end of it (which I didn't, because reasons lol) doesn't persuade me either. 

Am I missing something?
  • julianus
    Options

It's "worth it", if you think the booster is normally worth buying, since all you need is one win for that. But if you're going for Unobtainium (purple crystals), I'd only recommend it if you feel you have a strong deck and you win the vast majority of your matches in normal PVP events.

It's doable, but the later nodes can be quite challenging, especially since you can face a mostly-mythic deck which then also gets the bonuses. And I'd guess the people playing it are often people with lots of crystals to spare and lots of good cards already.

• RhysMarkov
    Options
    I made it through to the last node, and was one win shy of getting my 30 crystals back.  I'm just not sold on the idea that 30 crystals is worth the potential rewards. The accumulation of purple crystals is atrocious, and I definitely don't feel that a single pack is worth 30 crystals.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For 8 games you get: Booster, little unobtainum and 30 runes back. As so if you can handle that - it's worth to do that. With standard price I would think twice - but with reduced it's fun.
  • RhysMarkov
    Options
    Are the Trials matches the only place to get the invitation?
  • RhysMarkov
    Options
    *unobtainium... dyac
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also each day can get 20 unobtainium so in 4 weeks a master/mythic card. Worth doing and free packs everyday
  • julianus
    Options
    *unobtainium... dyac

No, other events also award it, but generally in smaller amounts. You can get some as a Coalition reward in the weekend events (if you're in a Coalition that places somewhere in the top 100, I believe). I don't usually see it in the individual events, though the recent Terror in the Shadows gave small amounts for top 25 finishes (in gold tier).

And of course, it's usually available as part of big bundles you can purchase for cash.

• RhysMarkov
    Options
    After my experience with the grind necessary to make the top 10 in Quick Battle back during Zendikar and Innistrad, I'll pass on trying to break into the top ranks for unobtainium lol
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The return in jewels is pretty bad, but then, jewels are practically the only place you'll get mythics from these days. If boosters are now spitting dupe rares at you, then what else are you going to do with your cash? Well, actually, you could buy PWs if they're a good deal, or wait for a new set if there's one coming out soon enough, but failing that I guess TOTP is a thing that exists.