Mordo or Jessica Drew?

Zombionicdoom
Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
Hello, so, as you can see from the header Mordo or Jessica Drew. I only have enough ISO to champion one of them, I've not used either very much. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Zombionicdoom
    My other 4* champions are Blade, Kingpin, TA Hulk, Red Hulk, Thor, Medusa if that helps??
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Do you play more PvE or PvP? 
    Looking at your other champs I would be leaning toward SWoman as well. But, if you focus on Story mode, her purple is pretty much useless vs goons (for damage), and her red is too expensive. I have her champed, and Mordo just fully covered.
    Mordo is a good black battery for himself or others, Kingpin, TAHulk, etc. 

You'll get more Mordo cover since he'll be in packs for a while. If this is your only chance to champ her before you lose a champ level, that might favor her as well.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Looking at your other champs I would be leaning toward SWoman as well. But, if you focus on Story mode, her purple is pretty much useless vs goons, and her red is too expensive. I have her champed, and Mordo just fully covered.

You'll get more Mordo cover since he'll be in packs for a while. If this is your only chance to champ her before you lose a champ level, that might favor her as well.
    Her purple is useless against goons?! LOL....You know the purple has two effects right?
    Champ Jessica, Mordo will be still in the tokens for a long time..
  • Rick_OShay
    edited June 2017
    ValekBoss said:
    Looking at your other champs I would be leaning toward SWoman as well. But, if you focus on Story mode, her purple is pretty much useless vs goons, and her red is too expensive. I have her champed, and Mordo just fully covered.

Her purple is useless against goons?! LOL....You know the purple has two effects right?
    Champ Jessica, Mordo will be still in the tokens for a long time..
    Ha, you're right. I meant useless for Damage. It's amazing at removing enemy specials and CD's and that can be VERY helpful!
  • Zombionicdoom
    Thanks for all the feedback, I play both pve & pvp but it's a really good point about Mordo being in packs for a while. I think I'll go with Jessica.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    There's always choice C - wait for someone you're excited about
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    mexus said:
    Thanks for all the feedback, I play both pve & pvp but it's a really good point about Mordo being in packs for a while. I think I'll go with Jessica.
    You could also turn this around. Mordo stays in the packs for a while = more covers = more champion levels & rewards. :)

I agree with Mexus. If you're going to champ them both, it might make more sense to champ Mordo now. Especially if you are not planning on hoarding CP/LT, so you don't have to sell covers (you're unlikely to get any covers for Spider-Woman any time soon unless you favorite her). Champing a non-vaulted character also allows you to get the maximum number of covers you can while they are still in the stores and get them to as high a level as possible, which I think is important now that vaulting has made it harder to get 4*s above level 300 or so.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    SpiderWoman is actually fun to play with. Her purple power has choices. Her red is fun. Her black can turn out to be a game changer. 
  • Rick_OShay
    astrp3 said:
    mexus said:
    You could also turn this around. Mordo stays in the packs for a while = more covers = more champion levels & rewards. :)

I agree with Mexus. If you're going to champ them both, it might make more sense to champ Mordo now. Especially if you are not planning on hoarding CP/LT, so you don't have to sell covers (you're unlikely to get any covers for Spider-Woman any time soon unless you favorite her). Champing a non-vaulted character also allows you to get the maximum number of covers you can while they are still in the stores and get them to as high a level as possible, which I think is important now that vaulting has made it harder to get 4*s above level 300 or so.
    This is exactly the problem I keep running into. Whenever I say, "OK I'll wait on Nova" (or whoever, SWoman in your case), and so I set a current 12 as the priority, then I keep running into chasing the other current characters, and my priority on vaulted characters keeps getting pushed back.
    Now I really wish I would have champed Nova for his upcoming boosted week, as opposed to getting 2 additional levels in Coulson for example (who is great, don't get me wrong!). But man, 2-3 levels and rewards compared to what a boosted 4* champ can do/earn in a week+ is no comparison.

• Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I'm going to throw one more vote for Jessica in there, though admittedly, I haven't put any iso into Mordo.

Others have said this but Jessica's purple is really effective in removing countdown tiles.  If you're looking for a defensive character, Jessica is fantastic.  I like playing with her, but I enjoy longer, defensive oriented matches.

With that being said, Mordo and his ability to charge tiles would probably be very effective to run with Thoress who you mentioned is already championed.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    astrp3 said:
    mexus said:

This is exactly the problem I keep running into. Whenever I say, "OK I'll wait on Nova" (or whoever, SWoman in your case), and so I set a current 12 as the priority, then I keep running into chasing the other current characters, and my priority on vaulted characters keeps getting pushed back.
    Now I really wish I would have champed Nova for his upcoming boosted week, as opposed to getting 2 additional levels in Coulson for example (who is great, don't get me wrong!). But man, 2-3 levels and rewards compared to what a boosted 4* champ can do/earn in a week+ is no comparison.

2-3 levels now, but by the time coulson gets vaulted he'll probably be over 300 for you. I'm already looking at my mordo about to hit 280. Blade, Medusa, and Agent Venom close to 290. 

Sad truth is that the champion system really only with the latest 12. The sooner you build and champ the most recent, the stronger they'll be in the long run. 

For the OP, I'd say Mordo if you wish to keep using cp. Level up Jessica slowly a level or two when you have the spare iso.