Matchmaking broken in fate is rarely fair

Lunaredge
Lunaredge Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
matchmaking is still broken in fate is rarely fair. You play one node with a lvl 60, get matched to a sixty, but then play another node with a 20, and get matched to a 60. Then if you play another node with a 60, you'll be matched to a 20. This problem has been going on for a while!

Comments

• watman
    watman Posts: 64 Match Maker
    More so! I played three games in succession with my lvl1 PW (black node, easiest to get to 20 life and below) , and got matched with lvl 60, lvl 30, lvl 60
    There were no games played with other PWs in the meantime...
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Just a hint. You are matched against people in bracket. After joining event you may be one of first players in that bracket and no one yet entered low level deck. Join, wait some time - then try. (remember to not select pw before waiting)
  • watman
    watman Posts: 64 Match Maker
    I did not start playing immadiately, that was about three-four hours into the event...
    @Brigby - would you be able to confirm if this is now intended? As I may well level up my PWs to 60 if I can't use them normally :/
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    There needs to be a better fallback at the start of events. Heh, make people play against their _own_ decks if there is noone of the similar level.

But level is hiding the true problem You can't beat someone with mythics and masterpieces when you have none. They are what really need to be taken into account when matching. (This is disguised a bit because _usually_ the higher level people are the ones with the masterpieces too, but ti's the masterpieces that are the problem, not the level).

My family are new players but are about to quite because of the power creep and elitism, they CAN'T win even 20% of the time because of all the mythics and masterpieces.
    If things aren't made fair to beginners the game will die because the old players will eventually get bored but there won't _be_ any new players to take over.