4* DDQ: Spidergwen vs Miles Morales

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
Unkind boards meant it took me 7 tries with my lv120 1/5/3 Gwen, no boosts. Red matches and/or match-5s kept falling for Miles despite my strong denial game

On the winning try I managed to get 21 Red and 16 Yellow without Miles getting a single move off. Two KotJ followed by two Cherry Bombs and that was that

LT got me Blade Black, to bring him to 5/3/3 yay! But even better: I got a bonus Blade Green (he's my sole 4* BH) to put him at 5/4/3! This means I'll be able to LTchamp him once I get his red and black from Iso-8 Brotherhood. And without having to spend at least 120CP. Happy days :D

Comments

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Took me twice with an 0/5/3. Let Miles collect yellow, focus on red and purple. His yellow makes Gwens red cheaper. He fired yellow twice, I collected 12 red which meant two red fires and the match was done. 
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Make it second try with 1/2/4 level 152 Got my twelth carol just 1 yellow to go for her now
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Why did Gwen Poole get skipped in the order? 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    No idea. I was under the impression that she'd already featured twice in PvE. Was looking forward to it with my lv276 Gwenpool
    Me too. #sadface. I don't think my one cover Spidergwen has much chance, but my 279 Gwenpool should have been a safe bet.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had no doubt that I would be able to beat this, but the board went entirely my way. This is the only time I can recall a match involving Miles where his passive never triggered.

Saving my LT tokens for just before Black Panther leaves.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne said:
    No idea. I was under the impression that she'd already featured twice in PvE. Was looking forward to it with my lv276 Gwenpool
    Me too. #sadface. I don't think my one cover Spidergwen has much chance, but my 279 Gwenpool should have been a safe bet.
    In the same boat. Spider-Gwen is 2/0/2, Gwenpool is Level 273. I've been on a dry spell for Crashes lately, so was looking forward to actually winning one. 
  • Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    my Gwen is 2/0/2 so doesn't look like I'll be winning this one
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Hmm. It looks like Gwen Poole came after Gwen Stacy in the Behemoth Burrito rotation, which defies the alphabet. That should mean she's up next.

Anyway, back to your scheduled programming.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    first try with champed spidergwen (my first champ, a few months ago) yellow, purple, purple, cherry bomb. goodnite.  felt good after the 12 try debacle that was 4thor.
  • Haldern
    Haldern Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Got it on first attempt with 1/3/5 130 Gwen, no boosts.  Lots of luck with tile drops and stupid AI moves throughout. Miles went invisible a couple times but immediately matched it away, and he healed me a couple times. Three kicks, and i finished with less than 1k health. 
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    One of the easier ones I've done so far.

2/2/4. 168. Boostless.

As long as your Red has at least one point in it, I feel you could beat this mission as long as Spider over there gets lucky on his Yellows.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    1/3/2 lvl131
    +2 red yellow
    +2 all ap
    20% all damage boost
    I did let him have yellow, I gathered red and purple.
    Stunned him a couple of times, let him fire yellow and then punched him in the face!

First crash I've won in ages and LT gave me a second purple SL
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Got it 2nd try with Gwen at 5/5/3 lvl 90. Should've had it the first try, stupid invisibility tile
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I have no covers of Cherry Bomb, I don't think I'm even going to bother. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Had to take my 3/3/4 gwen to level 140 (previously just level 100), all color boosts, bit eventually took out miles after the th or 6th battle.

7th rocket cover for my efforts, so pleased.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    It took me 2 tries with my 2/2/3 level 147 Gwen with boosts.  It was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be, but I found myself not firing Kick out the Jams because I didn't want Miles to collect red and purple.  The first loss was very close, I had him down to 658 health before he put his invisibility tile in the very bottom left corner!  Next match was a breeze with multiple match 5's to start, then ending with 2 cherry bombs. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took me 2 tries with my 150 2/5/5 SpiderGwen. +2 R/Y, +2 B/P, +2 ALL. First try I should have won but he went invisible, I destroyed his tile, he went invisible again......

2nd attempt was a breeze had most of my health left when I ended him with my 2nd cherry bomb.....

To the hoard!!
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Anyone try using Spider-gwen to win without her purple? Because mine only 0/3/2.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    The Devs confirmed that Gwenpool was skipped by a scheduling mistake, and she will be next in the rotation.

My 2 curiosity attempts with a 2/0/5 lvl 76 Spider Gwen actually went better than I thought, but still couldn't get Miles lower than 2700 health. I'll try a few more times at some point, but this will be first Crash I won't beat in months!
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    1st day at 1/1/2 at L94, didn't do well, 2nd day, pull'd Gwen's red cover from Taco Vault 1/2/2 level her up to L111 almost won, 3rd day got a lucky board and finally won, got hit by his Venom Blast once, thank god for Mile/Gwen yellow web spam to lower Gwen's red ap cost down to 6ap for Cherry Bomb hits 5 times.

Hording the LTs til Riri or Mordo out of rotation.