Variant Distribution

Options
heybub
heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
Hi,

I didn't see a thread like this (but really didn't look), so I thought I'd put together a list of Variants to show their distribution.  From what I see, there are many characters with a lot of variants, and others that only have 1 character, where people are pushing to get more (Doom, Magneto, Juggernaut, etc.)  I wanted to actual look at the distribution of variants to see which ones are overused, and which ones needed some love

So here is the list for those with up to 3 variants:
Iron Man: 6 (including War Machine)
Hawkeye: 5
Spider-Man:5
Wolverine: 5 (including X-23)
Black Widow: 4
Hulk: 4 (including Red Hulk)
Captain America: 4
Captain Marvel: 3
Star-Lord: 3
Storm: 3
Thor: 3
Venom: 3

17 Characters have 2 variants, and 47 single Characters.

I think this really goes to show the disparity in character distributions.  Some of these makes sense, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Wolverine are some of the most popular Marvel Characters, and one would think they would have more variants than others.  I would argue that Hulk, Captain America, and Thor would need a new variant just to balance out with Wolverine/Spider-Man, but then again I would probably be disapointed in another one of those variants instead of someone else.

We all love new characters, and there are a ton that people are begging for them (Omega Red, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Groo, you get the picture), but from what I understand there are lic issues with Marvel which hits d3's bottom line.  Fine, we can argue about this on a different thread.  (Here is such a thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/688735#Comment_688735)  If that is the case then, we should be able to get variants much easier, and there are a lot that deserve an extra variant.  Here's a thread of variants users want to see (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65207/which-of-the-characters-with-only-1-version-would-you-want-to-have-a-variant-of/p1).

There are many top tier Marvel Characters that do not have a variant: Daredevil, Doom, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Juggernaut, ect.  These guys deserve some love, too.

I mean, do we really need 5 Hawkeye's and only one Victor Von Doom?