Kinda new, should i try champ my 3 star ?

Options
oakenwall
oakenwall Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
So im fairly new, i picked luke cage as my favorit when i got him as my first 3 star.
This has gotten me full covers for him and i only have 3 champed 2 stars.. luke and my champs are all around lvl 100

So should i try save iso to champ my luke cage and not waste extra covers or would that ruin my pve.

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's impossible to know for sure, but you may well be okay. Cage's protect tile will reduce the damage you take, and his yellow and black hit hard.

Who are your 2* champs, and which other 3*s do you own? Do you have all the 2*s rostered? If not, I would recommend working on that as you champ Cage.

I'd also switch BH to someone else. Iron Fist works well with Cage and also with 2* strike creators (Wolvie and Daken). IM40 is a must have in the 3* tier, but he doesn't have synergy with Cage. Strange and Thanos will transform PvE, but both need strong teammates to hide behind (Strange) or withstand team damage (Thanos).
  • oakenwall
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My plan is to get more Cloak&Dagger covers by using favorit to get black tiles with passive. 
    Has not really worked out so faar as I have only gotten 2 yellow covers lol..

Right now I have She-hulk as my favorit since I thought she would complement cage, if shes kinda bad i will change to your recomended strange/thanos, personally I am a bit interested in scarlet witch that I also have in rewards.

Im not going to use ironfist or IM40, feelt I didnt really gain that much when I had him with luke since i use yellow power most.

My 3*s are kinda **** with 2-3 covers max, I generally use a 4*, luke cage or high level 2*

Miss Marvel, Dakken, storm : champed
    Black widdow and thor are 1 cover away.

For some reason storm only seem to work in deadpool daily lol, Its a blessing and a curse shes my highest 2* thor and dakken cant protect her. That blue area damage is strong though.

My normal pve team is actually Dakken, miss marvel, wolverine but wolvie is lacking behind a bit now in levels. If none is really boosted I bust in cage to bring some damage.

Just writing about it here, makes me feel Im gonna be forced to wait with champing cage, has so many 2*s close to champion and would need the ISO there, thor is one I really like so need to champ him up!
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Like granne said, Iron Fist is actually a really good partner for Cage. His purple creates black for Cage, and his passive attack tile helps whittle down the enemy's health, especially when paired with strike tiles. 3* Magneto might be a good third option with these two. In terms of other 3*s to focus on, I would recommend Strange, IM40, and KK. 

Under the current PVE scaling system, I tend to think you would be better off waiting to champ Cage and work on champing a few more 2*s. You're already using Daken + Wolverine regularly, so I would definitely recommend trying to champ Wolverine soon. During my 2-3* transition, those two + IM40 helped me fly through PVE without having to use too many health packs. As for other 2* teams, Magneto + Thor + Storm is a combo with great synergy, and I use them for the 2* wave node in DDQ.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
       I'm just a month or so beyond you and I would have to recommend you wait on champing Cage and concentrate on champing two stars.  Don't get me wrong Cage is a very impactful player and at our level in particular, he really negates most any match damage the other team will throw at you.  However, if you don't have good teammates you'll just have really long drawn out matches, which won't lead to much damage but may get tedious after awhile. 

Two 3*'s that have really helped me absolutely devastate PVE quickly, without losing many health packs, are Dr. Strange and IM40.  When a champed Dr. Strange has 5 yellow covers he deals 1700+ damage when an opponent fires a power, or even if a goon drops a countdown tile, plus he gives 350+ health to your entire team.  Used in conjunction with IM40, with 5 yellow covers, and one or two blue matches he can stun two characters and deal 3400 damage to the stunned character or whichever character you choose for 3 turns. Which really helps you in getting rid of the strongest opponent on the other team first or someone like Dakken who can't regenerate health when he's stunned.

Just to echo the importance of champing 2*s above 3*s for right now.  80% of the heroic and elite tokens you open will give you a 2* cover.  You will more than make up for the ISO you use to champ a 2* when duplicate covers come for these characters and you'll get HP too; which, if you don't already know, I highly recommend you only use to buy roster spots.
    oakenwall said:

For some reason storm only seem to work in deadpool daily lol, Its a blessing and a curse shes my highest 2* thor and dakken cant protect her. That blue area damage is strong though.

I used to love using Storm, before Dr. Strange got champed, but I ran into the same issue as you, she ate all the damage for my team and her low health can make her extremely vulnerable.  I'm in agreement with justsings to concentrate on getting 2* Magneto champed.  He will at least cover her blue color, even if her level is above his, and his purple can give Storm blue to aid in getting her stun attack that much quicker.  Just like with Dr. Strange, IM40 works great for her blue stun as well.  I would recommend also putting on your priority list Human Torch 2*, because his red can really pack a punch when you need to down an opponent.  IM40 with 5 yellow covers gives him usually two red blasts, when all 3 countdown timers go off, which do about 1500 damage each.
  • oakenwall
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Just tried out Dr. Strange because of this thread and hes boosted in pve atm, have had 3 covers in rewards for a while so kinda had to recruit him anyway.

Wow what a guy, he use no mana and nukes the **** out of people lol. I never even use his active. Got 2 yellow and 1 purple. Changed my favorit 3* to him immediatly, seems a bit to good..

Now if I only could get some bonus cloak&dagger black covers so my cage dream come true il be happy..
  • jtsings
    edited June 2017
    Options
    oakenwall said:
    Just tried out Dr. Strange because of this thread and hes boosted in pve atm, have had 3 covers in rewards for a while so kinda had to recruit him anyway.

Wow what a guy, he use no mana and nukes the tinykitty out of people lol. I never even use his active. Got 2 yellow and 1 purple. Changed my favorit 3* to him immediatly, seems a bit to good..
       Yes, you'll find that on goon and thug levels you pretty much just have to put him on your team and on easy levels you won't have to fire a single power to win the match.  He works pretty much the same way too if you have at least one thug or goon that you're fighting against.  He has to used more strategically, though, if you are using him against three tile movers, though.  His powers will kind of go a bit down once the event is over, and he's no longer buffed, but if you get more covers for him, especially blue and yellow, he'll be very helpful on your PVE team.  He was my first champed three star, upon recommendation of some other forum members and he's been the best addition to my team, hands down!
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm going to echo with others have said above me.  2* Magneto is a fantastic character to pair with 2* Storm.  The other two above said it all, I don't have anything new to add, just one more person confirming.
  • oakenwall
    edited June 2017
    Options
    yeah well my magneto is kinda low. Anyway i took the advice and used iso into 2* but now I have like 6 champed 2* and felt it was time to champ cage since there is an event hes boosted. I dont think il miss loosing a few hawkeye/moonstone/bullseye covers since i never use them anyway. After that Il continue to champ 2* again.

Note : 2*human torch is actually fantastic, I mostly champed him to get more champs but hes actually really good and I needed a green user.

Another question : I have 19 hours left on .4* howard the duck and 4*gwenpool.. I cant afford rostering them.

Maybe I should remove 3*thanos and 3*cyclops to make room? I only have one cover of each of those anyway.
    *edit : well time ran out and i totally forgot to sell stuff so there is 2 4* down the drain lol. Oh well i wasnt particulary intersted in them but I should have sold them at least, live and learn.
  • jtsings
    edited June 2017
    Options
       I suppose that some might disagree, but 4*s at your stage (and mine) are not going to be that helpful. They are good once they are leveled up and have lots of covers but at our point in the game we're not going to get a whole lot of 4*s on a regular basis, so they'll just take inventory slots you probably need for more helpful characters.   I personally only have one 4* character rostered because I've heard, on the forums, that she's a very good character to have on your roster when you start building your 4*s.  You, obviously, can make your own choice; and if you have a ton of roster slots, then you can keep building up your 4* roster as you like.  However, it will be some time before they will become that useful for you.

I will give you one side note though.  If you want to get the top prizes in PVE you'll probably need to have the 4* character for that event rostered.  So if I were you, I'd keep a 4* in your queue and roster it if it happens to be the featured 4* in a current or upcoming PVE event.  (Of course, you'll also need to have the 2* and 3* featured character rostered as well.  But in the lower clearance levels, you can still do pretty well in PVE events with only having the 2* and 3* featured characters).  For me, if I have the 4* character for the PVE event rostered for the current event, I usually sell it after the event is over; since it will not be used in another PVE event anytime soon.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would not sell Thanos. Alongside Strange, he's the other key to clearing goon nodes and seed teams quickly. The game got WAY easier for me once I had Strange's yellow and Thanos's black up to five covers.

In general, I wouldn't put too much effort into characters beyond your "tier". They're hard to get many covers for until you've got a solid base to work through PvE events at a higher clearance level, and until they get the scaling sorted out, having one character at a substantially higher level than the rest of your roster can actually make things harder. Once you've got a bunch of 2* champed, you'll start getting more tokens and covers for 3*, and then things will snowball from there. But trying to jump over the 2* tier can leave you with some big gaps.
  • oakenwall
    edited June 2017
    Options
    its just that I have 0 interest in hawkeye,bullseye, moonstone..I never gonna use those and its those i can champ.
    I champed cage in the end and i feel its worth it, will save iso and probably continue champ 2* though, maybe put some points in a 3* if i have like 7 covers to make them usable too, did that with dr strange, at lvl 100 5 purp,2 yellow hes good enough in pve..