Agent Coulson or Blade

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Hello! Ok, my situation isn't exactly dire, but I would just like to lay it out here and welcome opinions.

Blade at 5/3/2. I’ll be getting both his red (redundant) and black from the current Iso-8 Brotherhood PvE. That will make him 5/3/3. If I can somehow get his green from the vault, or draw enough greens/blacks in the interim, he’s a definite contender, especially because that red cover will let me bring him to lv271 at least. I spent 240CP on Medusa a couple of weeks ago; wondering if Blade is also worth 240CP haha (I wouldn't hesitate to spend 120CP on him though). I have 2 weeks to see how my luck falls after I get that red cover.

Agent Coulson at 5/3/4. I got his 5th yellow cover yesterday, I just need that final purple or blue. His purple is definitely coming up in 6 days’ time as the Heroes for Hire cover. Worth spending 3600HP on? I’ve decided yes, but only if I draw any dupe yellows for him. Once again, let’s look at the two-week interim period.

And of course, the main issue is iso. Both Blade and Phil are at lv90, and I currently have about 66k iso. It takes around 376k to champ lv 90 4*. I have almost three weeks to get 310k iso, which won't be a problem.

The irony is that both of them go well together, not just because of a perfect active rainbow (although Blade's black sucks), but also because they do have synergy, such as using Coulson's purple to fuel Blade's red. Too bad my Carol is only at 5/1/2

TLDR: my main question is: If you could only champ one of Agent Coulson or Blade, which one would you go for? My roster is in the signature (I've also champed EddieVenom). Thanks!

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have Blade champed, but not Coulson. So I can only tell you how awesome Blade is from experience. Mine is level 275 boosted to 380. Most of all when you get the required red ap bloodlust hits a random enemy for 6588 every turn until you fall below 7 red. When you don't have the required ap and there are at least 10 red on the board he creates 644 strike tiles. His green hits for 5784 aoe and if you have 7 red true heals himself for 4489. His black is there, it's not bad but not particularly good either. 

I've faced Coulson in pvp and he is a lot to handle, but I still don't fully understand everything he brings to the table until I use him more. He definitely has a lot going on and seems fairly good. 

I would vote Blade, he can shred any team by himself if you get bloodlust going. Hope this helps!!!
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Blade. He's a one man wrecking-ball.

I actually champed Coulson earlier, because that was how the covers fell, so I've played with both of them boosted in this PvE. Coulson is great, and does pair well with Blade, but the charged tile swapping still works unchamped, as does the AP generation.

Coulson's also going to be in tokens a lot longer, so you'll get his covers sooner or later.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Blade, no hesitation. Coulson's excellent support, but never more than support. Blade's red, even unboosted, just rips through enemies. Boosted or unboosted, I think he towers over Coulson.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have both of them champed.
    I use coulson more in pvp with wasp and carol. These days I am trying with non-champed cnd instead of wasp. In this team he is not just support. It's like he drives carol and power spamming cnd to new heights.
    Blade I use in pve alongside IM40 and someone boosted who will tank yellow for Im40. So for this week it's been blade, im and groot for all tile moving teams. He is good, the 10 red is quite high for strikes, but with im40 you don't care much.

All in all, both have their uses and depending on the sort of player you are you can priorotise one over the other.

IMHO 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good news! The LT from Spidergwen's DDQ brought me Blade Black with a bonus Blade Green to put him at 5/4/3. This means I can champ him using that red cover from PvE, and without having to spend a single CP :smiley: