How incompetant can a game developer be?

Options
babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Well, let me count the ways...

They can once again screw up the objectives, where Gideon's node is supposed to lose 2 or MORE creatures you actually only get points for losing 2 or LESS creatures.

Then the servers crash an hour and a half into the event for the SEVENTH? time this week! 

Does no one go into the event nodes and see if they are actually FUNCTIONING? How do you people still have jobs?  Its un-freaking believable.

But at least it matter less, unlike the RishkarsEx fiasco.  You took the prize pool from one of the best mythics in the block to the top 50 in platinum for a future roll at a dupe mythic for top 5...  It's like we are in some weird experiment where the objective of the developers is to alienate the player base and cause as much distress and quitting as possible.

Bravo...

//Removed Insult -Brigby

Comments

• Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hey, how about a sudden unannounced MAINTENANCE less than two hours before after the start of the event with the highest rewards since the end of the Golden Age of MTGPQ?
  • babar3355
    Options

I think you mean "less than 2 hours AFTER" the start

• Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes, that is what I meant. Just as you probably meant incompetEnt. :wink:
  • babar3355
    Options

Nope, I just spelled it bad because I was in a fit of rage =)

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. The developers are aware of the incorrect objective being displayed for the Gideon of the Trials's second node objective. 

In addition, apologies for the unexpected maintenance. It should be resolved now, and players should be able to resume playing again.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Additionally, I've had 2 games freeze during this event. So, that's awesome...
  • babar3355
    Options

Great, well many of us lost games due to maintenance.. oddly my score counts reflects correctly for my coalition at 21 points and incorrectly for individual at 14 points.  Should I submit a ticket or something or am I just screwed once again @brigby?

• Onus
    Onus Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby I have the same issue as @babar3355 but my coalition score isn't reflecting the correct points either. It really shouldn't be hard to restore points since there is a battle log to look at.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, come on, they can be a lot more incompetent than this. Remember when supports stopped working? And when the first node of RatC stopped working? How about when Devour in Flames crashed the game and we had to fix it ourselves?
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The first node fail of RatC was a good one, huh? Lasted the entire event.
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My favorite was the level 1 Gideon (?) instead of a 3.3. boss.  
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, they have used the classic trick of setting expectations low by screwing up
    unbelieveably badly earlier so that later mistakes don't look as bad. Clever them... except that somehow even the smaller mistakes still make me mad. But I'm still playing, so I guess the joke's on me. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. The developers are aware of the incorrect objective being displayed for the Gideon of the Trials's second node objective. 

In addition, apologies for the unexpected maintenance. It should be resolved now, and players should be able to resume playing again.

Are the developers aware of the frustration of players who, barely into an event, are now going to be most likely kept out of the top prize bracket because we lost our ribbons? I won my game, but lo and behold, Something Went Wrong, and now I'm likely out of top 5.

Why does this keep happening? Every time we have an "exclusive prize" event, there's some game-altering bug or crash that disadvantages 3/4 of the player base. How do I get my 7 points back? Why is there no recompense for that?
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Let's not leave out the latest and most fundamental system the Dev broke with v2.1.2: The card packs opening system. 

Now you don't even know if you will be credited for the cards you played/paid hard to get.

Guess I now get to hoard my packs, jewels and crystals till this game shut down due to lack of paying players. 
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

To be clear, the listed objective in game and in the preview notes said lose 2 or more. It is an error in programming, not functioning as intended. Lose 2 or less does not make sense given G3's 1st PW ability and the existence of a lose x or less objective already being in another node.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh I don't know. It syncs with skill 2, which is what I've been doing to prevent deaths I can see coming. 
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's also called 'Sacrifice.' >.>
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I believe too they intended it to work as stated and then screwed it up. Wouldn't be the first time.