Champ a single 5* or two 4*?

Options
JONofWAR
JONofWAR Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
edited June 2017 in Roster and Level Help
I have a decently developed roster with 25 champed 4*s. I have some covers dying on the vine and not sure what the best approach would be. I can probably get enough ISO (a bunch of my 2* farm is close to ready to pick) to champ Gwenpool and Bl4de *or* Thano5. I know Thano5 plays well with BP, my Panther is at 3/4/2 and is favorited for Bonus Hero purposes. I mostly do PVP with some PVE thrown in for new events, chasing a cover in prog or I'm straight up bored. 

Would champing a single 5* mean I was doomed to forever see champed 5*s in my queue? I love me some Thano5 but don't want it to ruin the game experience for me. If I champ Gwen and Blade I would have a better shot at having a champed/boosted 4* and they both seem decent boosted.

Help break me out of my analysis paralysis :)

Edit: Just pulled my 13th cover for Coulson if that changes anything

Comments

• Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Do the 4's...
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    I always tell my alliancemates to champ the higher tier before the lower ones. More bang for your buck and if/when PvE scaling gets tied to SCL permanently, the 5* will help you a lot more than a champed 4*.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ducky said:
    I always tell my alliancemates to champ the higher tier before the lower ones. More bang for your buck and if/when PvE scaling gets tied to SCL permanently, the 5* will help you a lot more than a champed 4*.
    I agree with that after the change, but it could still be months before that goes into effect.  So I'd recommend the 4s for now.  

Ultimately the real thing comes down to how big of concern for you is scaling, if it's not do the 5, if it is do the 4s.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After champing Thanos (next highest 5* is OML at 360), my pvp queue went from boosted champed 4*s and under leveled 5*s to single champed 5* with boosted champed 4* (and the occasional Peggy/Carol/IM40).
    Twin champed 5*s find me regularly.
    Hitting 900 can sometimes be harder than before, but mostly Thanos is an utter beast, and I can bludgeon my way over 900. He also makes hops faster.
    Every fight in pvp feels like it needs Thanos now, and while I can beat any node with 4*s in Pve (34 champed), I tend to rely on Thanos for the speed factor.
    I don't regret levelling him though. It has changed the game experience for me, which has kept it fresh, and made me focus on new strategies.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I totally have to change my advice from that I said previously. I have just found myself in the peculiar predicament where I can champ 2 3*'s, R&G and Star Lord, OR 1 4* in in Carol Danvers.  I would need to buy a cover for her at 120 CP's and then save up the ISO to pay for it all and I have 13 days to make it happen.  I think I would rather have CD now since the covers for the other two are much easier to come by.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Champ those 3s will give you two lts plus 6 pulls of classics for that 120 cp cover. Carol is great, but unless you're in a 5/5/2 situation, odds are you'll finish her without having to waste so many resources.

Though it's your cp so do whatever you want. I personally feel that using 120 cp on non vaulted characters is an uncessary step except.in that 552 situation.