Soooo....... where are all the villains?

Options
Jesus Jones
Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
I haven't been playing this game a long time, but I have been in the Marvel Universe for a very long time, and I know the universe is very vast, so why aren't there any new villains for us to not only use, but play against?  Killing the same buffed up characters is getting kind of old.  If a 5* Doc Oc can be generated, how about some 3* and 4* bad guys that tie into the current and older lineup of good guys.  We have 3 Captain America's but no Red Skull?  4 Wolverine's but no Sabretooth, Omega Red or Deathstrike?  4 Iron Mans and no Mandarin or MODOK. Those seem like obvious additions to me and there are a TON more.  Are there any plans to introduce more bad guys?

Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Characters are based on licenses held and up coming events. It's no surprise we got an obscure dagger and cloak right after an announced tv show of the same name was released. I would suspect the next villain release will be the Vulture.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Characters are based on licenses held and up coming events.
    While that's partially true, we have no way of knowing what characters they are and are not licensed to use at this (or any time). I would agree that MCU characters are a pretty good guess; however there are plenty of MCU villains that we have not seen.

My best guess: their market research has shown that their player base, on the whole, prefers heroes over villains, and/or is more familiar with Marvel heroes as compared to Marvel villains.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Characters are based on licenses held and up coming events. It's no surprise we got an obscure dagger and cloak right after an announced tv show of the same name was released. I would suspect the next villain release will be the Vulture.

I'm betting Sandman will be first (based on the clue in the sneak peek), followed by Vulture (because of the movie) then  a 5* Spidey variant (again, because of the movie). I know there's already a 5* Spider-Man, but  I'm guessing there will be another one (Peter Parker variant) - unless they dispense with the 4*-4*-5* pattern. They could also release a 4* Spidey followed by 5* Vulture, but that would kind of bury the lead as far as movie tie-ins (I'd think they'd want Spidey himself to be the main movie tie-in).

OTOH, if they follow the normal schedule, I think the next three releases will be on the 16th, the 30th, and July 14th, none of which exactly align with the movie's release (on the 7th?), so maybe they'll change up the schedule.

I'm also guessing there will be some kind of alliance/boss event for the movie release, maybe with a new boss (but probably just a repeat of an old one) - though we are actually overdue for a boss event already and waiting until the weekend of the 7th would put us even further behind.

Of course, all of this is just speculation on my part and may be completely wrong.

• Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just saw the Sandman release, that's exciting news if they continue with the Sinister Six, more villains!!!
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    More on the WAY!