Medusa / Coulson

Options
Style55
Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
edited June 2017 in Roster and Level Help
I have Coulson at 4/5/3 and Medusa at 3/5/4. Both have dupes in the queue waiting (Coulson expiring in 8 days plus another in 12 days, Medusa is at 12 days) . I already received the Medusa champion reward (223) from my level 225 Kamala, Coulson has no 3* that give his covers(?). Any of my 3* characters that are at 226 I have set as my bonus heroes to acquire the legendary token in hopes of pulling a usable Medusa/Coulson cover. I have also been going for max progression in PvE for the CP, haven't dabbled in PvP for the 10CP rewards per character event though.

Anyway in the event I am extremely unlucky and cannot pull covers for these two are they worth buying that singular cover in Hero For Hire store when they return sometime in July? Medusa seems to be part of a holy trinity, including Carol/Wasp - I am lacking a usable Wasp. Coulson I've had some fun playing with but I am not super sure on which characters to effectively pair him with. In hindsight I regret not buying a yellow Medusa cover, since at the time of her being in the store iirc I only had 1 cover in yellow :/

Or should I just try to hoard 120 CP to acquire the cover(s)? I am partially against this option since that is effectively 6 classic token pulls, which may (Rocket, Iron Fist, Blade) or may not (Agent Venom) be for any characters I want. 

Apologies for the question. I am still pretty new to the 4* transition and am trying to improve at this. Also thank you in advance for any advice, just so I don't have to spam my own thread thanking any/each reply individually. 

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They're both still in tokens, so it's very possible you'll run across the cover(s) you need just by opening tokens.  If you're in a tight spot where you'd be wasting a whole bunch of covers for more than those two by opening, I'd say Medusa is worth spending on, either in H4H or direct with CP.  Coulson I don't know.  I've only ever used a functional one in loaner nodes.  I wasn't terribly impressed, but since the team was picked for me I don't know how well he can complement.

I'd say hoard until a day before the covers expire.  Then open your LTs and cross your fingers.  If you don't get what you need, buy the Medusa cover and champ her.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Seconded.

Coulson's pretty great, but Medusa is amazeballs.

Buying the final cover is a last resort, but if you think about it you are saving 2 covers (40CP) and gaining an LT (25CP), so it's really only costing 55CP in real terms. Doesn't sound nearly as bad like that, does it?

Edited because I re-read your post and it's only one Medusa cover. She's still worth it. Wait until the last minute, though, just in case.