Standard Vs. Modern

qwweetrtr
qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
Exclamation points....just, why? There are people quiting the game and some, like me, who are thinking of quiting the game over it. I may have a solution what do yal think?

The solution is this...GIVE.......US...............A................CHOICE!!!!!

What I propose is this, have it be kind of like how the masteries (bronze, silver, gold, plat which reminds me when is Crystal or whatever other level coming for that? We need another level but that's besides the point).
      With every event have people choose:
                  Continue
                                     Standard or Modern

Have Standard run for more prizes. Top prize for Standard 300 gems? Top prize for Modern 150 gems. Just half everything since Standard would deserve to get more prizes as they are doing more work having to create decks all the time. That would also place us all in different brackets. The Bronze/silver/gold/plat/....crystal Standard brackets and the same but for Modern bracket.

Comments

• qwweetrtr
    Also if the top prize is a card again, do what you have been doing like top 5 gets the rare card vs top 10 or 25 in Standard or whatever. Sure the competition might be harder because again being able to use every card (and I confuse Standard with Modern all the time so flip it if Modern is only the certain sets) again but you won't have to waste time building decks if you don't have to either again. Make the game playable for EVERYONE again.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    I get where you're coming from, but standard isn't really that bad if you give it a chance. You lose some bombs and removal choices get a bit worse, but it puts some challenge back into deck building. Before it was "what cards am I playing with Olivia pork emrakul and ulrich?" Now there's actually some variety. Granted things will likely get to that point again, but then things will rotate again. It's the same concept as in paper. Packing 4 mama drains and 4 force of will wouldn't be terribly fun to play against to the kid that's been playing for 2 months. I'd be happy with more events that allow all card sets, but I feel like your idea would just be asking for more server issues, which would in turn push more people away. 
  • qwweetrtr
    And I get where you are coming from as well. I just don't like building decks. Simple as that. I don't care about losing the bombs and such, I care about having to build a deck for each event. I hate it so very much I'm about to quit. If there was a "Standard Deck Slot" then I wouldn't mind at all. Even if I had to keep building because it wouldn't be for every event, just each time rotation happened.