Monthly Schedule Post?

spghttihead
spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
Is that not happening anymore? Used to love to see the upcoming weekly buffs, events, and rewards. Did it move out of General Discussion to another part I don't know about?

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    it was in mission tab last time i saw it.  i guess @brigby only pins the post there
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Huzzah! Thanks!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can still find links to all that sort of stuff in the news and announcements section. 

I think they are trying to encourage use of the forum beyond only using general discussion.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    This is ****. This is not in any way, shape or stretch of a form by any definition an overly busy board. So why do we have to search unused boards and make finding the content that we want to see that much more difficult to seemingly only satisfy the OCD of someone with authority? Why even have a general board if literally nothing meets the criteria to be posted here? Why the unneeded and unwanted over moderation?

I though it hadn't been posted because the devs didn't give enough of a **** to give the info to brigby.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Its called sweeping under the rug, brand new forum has to appear nice and neat....and anything else moved into oblivion, as this will be probably also....
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    snlf25 said:
    This is tinykitty. This is not in any way, shape or stretch of a form by any definition an overly busy board. So why do we have to search unused boards and make finding the content that we want to see that much more difficult to seemingly only satisfy the OCD of someone with authority? Why even have a general board if literally nothing meets the criteria to be posted here? Why the unneeded and unwanted over moderation?

I though it hadn't been posted because the devs didn't give enough of a tinykitty to give the info to brigby.
    I agree.  Really don't love the new policy of move to the forums where threads go to languish and die.  I get the reasoning behind it was to give users a reason to visit those sub-forums but in practice has just resulted in me checking in here a lot less and getting more and more of my info from Line.  

When every third thread on GD has a red closed banner and a final post by a certain member of the anas platyrhynchos family it really does become unreadable.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    revskip said:
    snlf25 said:
    This is tinykitty. This is not in any way, shape or stretch of a form by any definition an overly busy board. So why do we have to search unused boards and make finding the content that we want to see that much more difficult to seemingly only satisfy the OCD of someone with authority? Why even have a general board if literally nothing meets the criteria to be posted here? Why the unneeded and unwanted over moderation?

I though it hadn't been posted because the devs didn't give enough of a tinykitty to give the info to brigby.
    I agree.  Really don't love the new policy of move to the forums where threads go to languish and die.  I get the reasoning behind it was to give users a reason to visit those sub-forums but in practice has just resulted in me checking in here a lot less and getting more and more of my info from Line.  

When every third thread on GD has a red closed banner and a final post by a certain member of the anas platyrhynchos family it really does become unreadable.  
    I have to agree with this as well.  Moving posts away isn't going to drive a lot of traffic to other areas, it's just going to either confuse/frustrate people, or people will forget (or not know if they are newer) it exists because out of sight out of mind.

Their current policy reminds of the old adage "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink"  All this moving isn't likely to change people behavior, at most it will (and is) frustrate people.  I've always thought that adage should end "and if you try to force it, you'll drown it."  That's what it feels like right now.

If people not using the subforums is such a major problem then delete GD all together and/or rename it to off-topic or something and don't let any game stuff happen here.  Right now GD has no valid explanation of what should live there.