5* Cover Swap

FokaiHI
FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I recently made a ticket to swap a 6th black cover for my Black Panther. Customer service replied and confirmed it could be done while it was still a Latest Legend token. My problem, I got number 7 today. Has anyone been able to do multiple swaps?

Comments

• xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Yes they should be able to do it for you, same as the first.
  • FokaiHI
    Thanks. I'll submit another ticket. 
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    On top of this, you also get to keep those 2k ISO as well.  
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    This mechanic is a big reason why latest legends are worth the 5CP premium...  Problem is I think its still an undocumented policy, and sooner or later someones gonna get caught pulling their hoard and unable to make the transfer... 
  • FokaiHI
    Update: d3go said that both will be swapped. I cannot exchange for a different character though. That is only an option when a 5* is maximum champed. 

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    FokaiHI said:
    Update: d3go said that both will be swapped. I cannot exchange for a different character though. That is only an option when a 5* is maximum champed. 

Yes, I think that's standard. Swaps generally only are given for the same character, in a usable color.
  • FokaiHI
    edited June 2017
    The only way to get a cover for a different character  would be if that specific character was maxed at 550. 
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    FokaiHI said:
    The only way to get a cover for a different character  would be if that specific character was maxed at 550. 
    That's very practical for the average player
  • FokaiHI
    I just received the 2 covers. I guess that was quicker than the sneek peak. 
  • FokaiHI
    Funny... I thought that would have been my last post here, but I just got another black cover. Lol. 
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I was on a hot streak with Thanos a while ago.  I think I got 3 covers of Thanos in 20 pulls.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    FokaiHI said:
    That's very practical for the average player
    How does someone get a 5* to level 550 without cheating or being in a buy club?  It doesn't seem possible.  For example:

A 5* is in the LL pool for about 18 weeks; in order to pull 113 covers for any one character, it would take about 2,250 LL pulls to do it (including BH), which equals 125 pulls per week!  I believe top players can get 15 - 20 pulls per week, which isn't even close. 

Let's say that someone saves up their CP to purchase the special 5* tokens that give you a 10% chance at that one 5* character.  Then they gain 13 more covers for that character during the next 18 weeks pulling LLs.  So, in order to get the first 100 covers, you would need to pull about 950 of those special tokens, which costs 23,750 CP!  How long would it take to hoard that much CP?  If a "normal" player can produce about 25 CP per day, then it would take 950 days to do it (2.6 years).

Let's say this imaginary player is in a Buy Club and spends $700 a week buying 7 Starks.  This generates 49 CP for himself and the rest of the alliance.  If all 20 alliance members do this, then everyone gets 980 CP per week.  Add in VIP renewals (+5), plus other CP rewards (+315), and he could save around 1,300 CP per week.  After 18 weeks, he would have about 23,400 CP saved (which is close enough to the 23,750 calculated above). 

But this means that this imaginary player could only max champ a 5* every 18 weeks, thus missing 2 out of the 3 latest 5*s released (which may be just fine since not all 5*s are that great) but he is spending $36,630 per year to do it.  So, I guess my point is that anyone who has all 5*s max champed must be cheating (or spending $100K per year). 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course 550s require buy clubs.
    Lots of them.
    Yes, the megawhales spend a lot.
  • FokaiHI
    Honestly, a lot of the upper 5*tier have 4* and 3* farms. I won't go as far to say they are cheating. I just think they can gain maximum rewards within their alliances and events. I'm in the 4*tier and average 600 cp/ month without hitting the 25 cp for pvp.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    bbigler said:
    So, I guess my point is that anyone who has all 5*s max champed must be spending more than $100K per year (or cheating).  
    Fixed that for you, to change the emphasis. Those I know who have 550s are legitimate whales. A few of those with 500+ may have been using other means additionally to get there.

Most of the methods of cheating are fairly detectable.  I find it very unlikely that serial cheaters go undiscovered for very long.  Before someone says something cynical, I'll point out that it's very much in D3's best interest to Sandbox cheaters - they devalue the game for the mega whales, and, as pointed out above, the mega whales spend a lot of money.  A lot of money.

Honestly, it's kind of ludicrous how much money have to spend for that sort of thing, but at least it keeps these impossibly massive rosters from being common...

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    @bbigler don't forget all the champ rewards as well for the big spenders, as while they are chasing to max champ a 5* (25 LTs + 25x25cp) they are max champing multiple 4*s.
    Yeah, it still needs crazy money, but it helps to feed itself.  Maybe shave a week or two off your calls?
    The mind boggles though.