4* DDQ: Thorrina vs Ragnarok

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Did it first time with lv276 5/3/5 Thorrina. Since she's champed, I decided to ignore green and just go after red and blue. Rags managed to get a couple of Thunderclaps of before I could get enough blue for Power Surge, but eventually managed to. That was followed by a Smite, before another Smite took him down

LT = Blade Green to put him at 5/3/1

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 275 champ. Man it was a Rag-friendly board. It kept raining green down for him, and the two times I fired Power Surge, what Red/Blue was out there was all but unmatchable. He had me down to < 2K health before I finally got my second Smite to finish him off.

Riri red with the token. She's 3/4/2 now.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lvl 104 3/0/3
    10th try, +2blue AP, +2 red AP, +2 all AP
    Collected 30 red, 18 blue and fried him for almost full hp. Finished him with one last attack just before he was able to finish me off.

6th blue for my 5/1/5 Riri, what a waste of time and boosts.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 272 5/3/5 Thor here. First try, straight up. Was a slow match though board was black heavy so neither one of us could collect ap early. Plus, all the red kept going his way. I managed to fire blue and collect some red and yellow. Fired another blue a few turns later. Then a 12.5k smite and the match was basically over

To the hoard!!!
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/2/5, spent 2 tries at level 170 with some unfortunate boards heavy green and blue/red light (except for his cascades of course) and didn't come close. Had plenty of ISO, so pumped her up to 209 and had no difficulties with a pleasant board. I happily let power surge feed itself several times to remove the sour taste from the previous tries and finished it in spectacular fashion.

Red Medusa takes her to 5/2/3, not sure if I will start hoarding to champ her or keep trying for Cpt Marvels
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Having a hell of a time with this one. My Th4ress is 2/5/1, level 172 and I've done 11 tries. Rags tears through my 11k HP before I can get enough to power abilities. Perhaps I should save everything and try to burn him down from full health?!?

Edit: 15 tries. Managed to trap the charged green at the bottom and deny blue. Limiting his moves is key. And hard. (Token goes to hoard.)

--Khanwulf
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 271, no boosts, second try (got 0 Red the first try. sheesh)

Got a Gamora black, now 2/2/1 (she's now better covered than Kate Bishop, Drax, and Spider Gwen, and tied with Howard)
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 272, Thoress, 1st try.  I thought it was going to be super easy, instead, it took a little effort.  Rags fired red and blue twice, no green, and then was down with 2 Thoress smites in a row. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

For God's sake it's Thor.
    Plain and simple. Thor.

Not Thora, not Thorinna, not anything else that belittles the character.
    Just Thor.

You're right, we shouldn't call her Thorina.........Thoress is much better.  :wink:
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Call me what you like as long as it's not late for lunch 
  • Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    well my FemThor is 2/1/2 which while not impossible makes this fight very very long and reliant on the good will of the board gods
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Level 186 5/3/5. First match the game was trolling me with a terrible board. Didn't end well. Round 2 went considerably better. Got to 20 red and 9 blue quickly. 1 stun and 2 smites later and Rags went down.

LT gave me a Agent Venom Black. He's now 5/3/4.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just BARELY won this fight last cycle at 2/3/2 level 147 after ~15 tries. I now have her at 2/4/4, still level 147, and I was able to win it in 4 tries. It was still fairly tough since her 1v1 damage remains weak without more red covers, but the 2-turn stun on blue made a huge difference for me - I used boosts so I could stun him quickly, and the extra turn made it easier to strategize and collect more blue and red while also denying green.

I am in ISO shortage land, but I popped a token just for kicks and got a
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    274 Thor, very purple heavy board for a long long time, but finally got better. Finished him off with >10K HP left & pulled a 13th Agent Venom cover, but watching my 5th Wasp cover die in the last 2 weeks.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

2/2/5 level 188 Thor won first attempt - had a pretty good board, and being able to stun Rags for 3 turns with Blue was very helpful

Collected a Cloak & Dagger Black for 0/3/0

• escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    2/1/3 level 131 Thoress, won after 5-6 attempts

Got my 13th Coulson cover :smile:

• icarusmonkey
    icarusmonkey Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My She-Thor currently sits at 0/2/3. Am I wrong in thinking this Crash is utterly pointless for me? :(
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 4* Thor is 2/2/2 level 127 and with 3rd try manage to win with boost 2x Yellow and Red AP, 2x Purple and Blue AP and + 60% match damage.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Level 279 Thoress needed still 2 attempts for this. Had to deny green and collect blue + red but once got stunlock rolling, it was a victory.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    1/4/5

Second try. First try boosted. Ended with around 800 health.
    Boosters were: +1 Red/Yellowx2 , +1 to Allx2, +10% Red/Yellow Match Damagex5

Only having a single point in the red was a pain. Yellow is just damage. Blue at 5 was wonderful though. Probably what caused me to get the win with the mass of charge tiles. In retrospect, I probably would have gone for the blue+ AP instead since that ability is the real MVP of the 1v1.