Trading 4 star color

GoluAsla
GoluAsla Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
Hi Guys,

What do you think is my chance of getting some 4 star cover colors changed by support?

Comments

• PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    virtually 0
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol :D 

Body is too short
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    If you were somehow related to one of the dev team I'd give you even odds.  ;)

If they did do it for you and you posted it on the forum (which you totally would, right??) then there would be a flood of similar requests and the already glacial resolution time for support tickets would become even, ummm, more glacial (ie worse) and we'd all quit playing b/c of the perceived injustice of it all and MPQ would cease to be a sustainable product and so they'd shut the doors.  

So, "No Chance" would be the short answer.

But you never know until you try!

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    zero point zero
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    It works *if and only if* you're trying to exchange a 5-star in the Latest Legends. RNJesus decided to grace me with seven 5-star Dr Strange Blue covers while he was still in the Latest Legends. After a week or so of back and forth with Customer Service, I was able to exchange them for two other 5-star covers that I needed. (OML Yellow, and OML Black, bringing him up to 3/1/1 at the time.) Once the 5-star moves into the "classic" tokens, it doesn't work either. For four stars? You can try, but don't be too disappointed if they tell you "Nope."
  • GoluAsla
    GoluAsla Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    That's what I figured... too bad, it's annoying but it happens.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    It works *if and only if* you're trying to exchange a 5-star in the Latest Legends. RNJesus decided to grace me with seven 5-star Dr Strange Blue covers while he was still in the Latest Legends. After a week or so of back and forth with Customer Service, I was able to exchange them for two other 5-star covers that I needed. (OML Yellow, and OML Black, bringing him up to 3/1/1 at the time.) Once the 5-star moves into the "classic" tokens, it doesn't work either. For four stars? You can try, but don't be too disappointed if they tell you "Nope."
    Note that this also has to be a "dupe" cover (you already have 5 of it). If you get a Starlord green that you just don't want and ask to exchange it for a Panther cover, for instance, they won't do it because you "can use" the cover.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got 6 purple medusa covers in a row, contacted them and they said basically " it is what it is, pulls of a specific color aren't a guarantee" my Medusa sits at 0/1/5 w/ two extra purples in the bank. The span of which I got the 5 purples was in one day as well, and another one a few days later when I opened the LT token from beating rags.  
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    None. Speaking from personal experience. They aren't even empathetic about it either. 
  • Pla5yer99
    Pla5yer99 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Why does support change for 5stars dupe but not 4 star dupe? Isn't that the same thing?
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Pla5yer99 said:
    Why does support change for 5stars dupe but not 4 star dupe? Isn't that the same thing?
    The sheer volume of swap requests would overburden CS to the point they wouldn't be able to deal with anything else.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Pla5yer99 said:
    Because 5*s are far more of a "valuable" commodity. 4s are available through many avenues. 5s are way more rare, and swapping dupe-covered latest 5s is pretty much the one way that they try and balance out some of the inherent downside of the randomness of the 5* system.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    mexus said:
    I have a big problem with this that I've tried discussing many times.

There are no official regulations/ definition of the rules for a 5* swap. Nowhere in the FAQ do they mention this; hence only forum active players and players with alliance mates with this knowledge know about the swapping thing. 
    Because there are no official rules and regulations about it behind the scenes. Officially, the line has been that it's a "limited time" courtesy, and could stop at any time. It just hasn't been ended yet.
  • Pla5yer99
    Pla5yer99 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Won't it be easier to add into the code for 5 star draws that once u hit 5 of that same color the next draw for that cover will be a different color one. This will make sense even for champs 5 star since it doesn't matter which colors are drawn when it get covered 5/5/3 onwards 
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Pla5yer99 said:
    Won't it be easier to add into the code for 5 star draws that once u hit 5 of that same color the next draw for that cover will be a different color one. This will make sense even for champs 5 star since it doesn't matter which colors are drawn when it get covered 5/5/3 onwards 
    In many softwares/applications, everything is used from the same pool/modules/system.  Depending on how the game is designed, it may be impossible to do or very very time consuming.  It's not worth it most likely, especially since this game is probably on the decline.
  • Hemiashby
    Hemiashby Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I got 6 purple medusa covers in a row, contacted them and they said basically " it is what it is, pulls of a specific color aren't a guarantee" my Medusa sits at 0/1/5 w/ two extra purples in the bank. The span of which I got the 5 purples was in one day as well, and another one a few days later when I opened the LT token from beating rags.  
    my medusa is at 3/4/5 and i just got my 9th purple cover (4 in bank)
    Im at day 912 and this would be my first maxed 4*
    **** like this is gutting

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Hemiashby said:
    my medusa is at 3/4/5 and i just got my 9th purple cover (4 in bank)
    Im at day 912 and this would be my first maxed 4*
    tinykitty like this is gutting

In that case, buy the remaining cover with CP and then champ her. Then you can use the other 4 covers for champ rewards.
  • Hemiashby
    Hemiashby Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Sadly i spent my last 20cp and got purple
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hemiashby said:
    Sadly i spent my last 20cp and got purple
    That seems like you made a bad bet and lost.  

You could still hold all cp and try at it in a few days.  Assuming you can hit the 575 reward in PVP you can easily get to 120 in a week with the Deadpool event plus the Behemoth.