Confidence in New Code Releases

nonnel
nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
edited June 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
When an update to MPQ is released through your respective app stores, do you

Confidence in New Code Releases 144 votes

Auto Update
15%
sinnerjflzulux21steakleathermpqr7DaveR4470El SatannokevingravybeyonderbubMoosePrimehalirinDukeUpdateDeadsiderTeam_WadeFokaiHIJaedenkaalHobieCat76CoubiiTheZeusBearZeroChillSpringSoldier 22 votes
Manually update right away once you know it is live
13%
Moon RoachDeNappaedgewriterRiguezKevin61tdglory49bycSNKAllenTetsujinOnithechairmanScreen MonkeyTigerTeufelbob554HistamielzakuJablesMcejm04EnderikariMrKotletchung2mo 20 votes
Check with teammates/or chat users first to see if they are still working fine
32%
PuceMooseBeast1970Wonko33ahunter5CNashxKOBALTxMojoWildDapperChewieChrono_TataGrimSkaldKhartmannNajboljisirwookieechrisTiggidafmftintneodukeStax the FoyerSteellatchalphabetaPiro_plock 47 votes
Wait until you get in game prompts because you don't trust the code
8%
Kolencenonnelnotamutantgrunth13HendrossNepentheirwandopheregasdrag0n41CalnexinTheLadder77Brian522 12 votes
Wait until you get force updated cause you don't trust the code
29%
SpoitfirethorneStonykillercoolbuddy2034slaxer723chris0001TheRealJRadd1amonddawgsnlf25jordanixfrachrudonomefooCarnifexxDaichesPunisher5784STOPTHISOrionKannanTony_FootMerrick 43 votes

Comments

• zaku
    zaku Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    I like to hope that they'll play by the "all players that updated are going to be compensated" rule
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    It should be "compensate all customers regardless of whether or not they were effected by the issue." Every time. I know of a few people who hear about an issue and just don't play for a couple days until it's fixed, they're still effected by it, just in a different, and untraceable way. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point it's safer to assume things are going to be broken and not update until told otherwise. They outdid themselves this time breaking it even for those who didn't update.  
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I usually manually update, but only when I have some new fix that I have been looking forward to.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I manually update after checking the forums.  It's not that I don't trust code for this game in particular though, I generally wait a few days before installing iOS updates, Windows updates, etc.  
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lolz at 81% not trusting the code. Not that I'm surprised but if I were the guy running whatever team handles the updates I'd be firing everyone ASAP.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Pants1000 said:
    I manually update after checking the forums. 
    This. I don't trust the code anymore. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I'll update once it's live.  Mostly because then I have control.

A few times I've started the game only to find that "Good News, there's a forced update" without a skip option, which wastes valuable time, especially when my shield is about to drop.

• Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Auto Update
    I don't trust code quality. But I'm too lazy to dis-activate auto update. Auto update is convenient.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have my device set to auto update, but I usually do it manually before the 'automatic update' kicks in. ( I receive a Touch Arcade push notification about the update being out )
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    For "check with teammates", read "check the forums". But that's more or less accurate.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    The forums have saved me a couple times, I think.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Auto Update
    I either auto-update or manually update, whatever comes first. If the game breaks, then it's some well-deserved time off. If it causes me to not hit max prog, then it is what it is... there's always next time.
  • NNCSavage
    NNCSavage Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    no cat meme avatar, fail!
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Auto Update
    I have no choice in this. The game forces me to update otherwise it won't open. Non of my other applications work that way.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Wait until you get force updated cause you don't trust the code
    Laziness dominates my decisions to update...  its either auto update in which case I don't have to mess with it and its hopefully updated in time for me to play, or its wait till I'm forced because I'm too lazy to wait the extra 3 minutes while the app closes, updates and restarts...   Due to the zany code quality fiascos recently I'll opt for being last instead of first (unless its a specific bug I want removed)
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    I have no choice in this. The game forces me to update otherwise it won't open. Non of my other applications work that way.
    Nearly all applications work this way if they have a device-side and server-side component - certainly all ARGs and most other mobile games with any kind of multiplayer or pay functionality will have the same sorts of need to keep in sync with client/server protocol changes.