Personal Vault for storing characters to prevent them from unbalancing your roster

animaniactoo
animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
I'd like to be able to do something like putting characters I'm developing but will significantly skew my roster "strength" determination away so that they won't be counted against me in an event.

The way I'd see this working is that you'd have a personal vault where they could be stored, and can be improved while there, but would essentially be "hidden" as far as your roster is concerned.

To prevent people from leveraging this in events I propose that you'd have to vault them before the start of an event, and can't remove them from the vault until the end of the next event that you enter; so you can't bring them back out on the last day of an event and suddenly cleanup with a big character on a lower roster strength determination.

Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    I made this exact same post 40 days ago. At that time people told me it's posted every few months. It's a great suggestion. But it won't make them any money.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume you're talking about 5*s, since that's really the only time this matters, and they're the only characters able to completely out-pace the rest of your roster forever.

Wouldn't it just be ultimately better to fix the scaling so that mid-level, under-covered 5*s don't completely destroy your scaling? 
  • animaniactoo
    I assume you're talking about 5*s, since that's really the only time this matters, and they're the only characters able to completely out-pace the rest of your roster forever.

Wouldn't it just be ultimately better to fix the scaling so that mid-level, under-covered 5*s don't completely destroy your scaling? 
    Actually, the first time it happened to me (that I knew that's what the issue was), it was with Antman who is a 4* but isn't really that powerful until he's collected a whole lot of AP. Far outscaled the rest of my roster and I was getting killed left right and center on a PVE that I'd played through before with far less need for health packs. I ended up giving up on the event altogether.
  • animaniactoo

I made this exact same post 40 days ago. At that time people told me it's posted every few months. It's a great suggestion. But it won't make them any money.
    Well darn. Thanks for the info.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ultimately the real problem here is scaling and they are choosing to fix the problem rather than a symptom.  I think that's the better approach.  One PvE scaling is SCL based this fear won't be there for PvE.  Hopefully they also have a roadmap for something similar for PvP too...
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    I like this idea.  I've read a lot of posts from 5* players wishing they could go back to 3* or 4* land.  This would allow them to do that on a temporary basis, and would really help non-5* players who've lucked into characters they're not ready for yet.

Some time ago, around when SCLs were first implemented, I remember something about "missions" in development, in which you would send a character out and they'd become unavailable for match use for a time, the same way teamups used to work.  When they return they bring back some sort of reward.  Character vaulting could be handled by that system.  Just drop the characters from scaling ala heroic events, and adjust mmr accordingly in PvP.  All of those individual mechanics have been used before in different circumstances, they just need to be combined.