Runes are the most valuable currency

Options
GrizzoMtGPQ
GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
When we lose the ability to convert dupes to runes, runes will be almost as hard to get as unobtanium. Crystals -> packs -> dupes -> crafting tokens -> packs -> dupes. The only way to get runes is grinding the same heroic battle over and over. Yuck.

Comments

• losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    who said that we are going to lose the ability to convert dupes to runes ?
    I was always under impression that you will have a choice of converting to either tokens or runes
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    Pretty sure they said dupes are going to auto convert to crafting tokens. You're not going to have an option. We should have options though. Why does it need to be one or the other only?
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, you still get runes for grinding playing events. Plus, It's pretty obvious now that levelling up brand new single color planeswalkers is a waste of runes, isn't it?
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    Wait do the heroic battles still work? Are they testing story at all any more?
  • Twee
    Twee Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    I tried playing three battles against heroic Chandra and the game froze each time when she used her abilities.  Same with the following two battles against HJace.
  • Dsagent
    Dsagent Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I disagree.
    I have so many runes just sitting there not doing anything.

• Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have so many low lvl planeswalkers with no runes to lvl them.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

I've accumulated 100K runes from playing events since Gideon 3 was released.  Did not even play much story mode, just went back to get some of the tertiary objectives for the crystal reward.

• Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I haven't converted dupes in months. A week worth of just progression in events is about 25k. Just don't go crazy buying walkers. A week worth of regular playing is only about 40 unobtanium, on the other hand 
  • Kyokudai
    Kyokudai Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think I need to stop buying walkers, so many to lvl now.  My Kiora needs 9k to hit 60 to be my second lvl 60.  Problem is that walkers seem such a better buy than packs, but anecdotally my rare / mythic drop has seemed better lately. 
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TG is almost 1500 runes a day. In a month that's roughly 40k runes just from 15 minutes of TG a day. And you get the 450 crystals too.

I don't think runes are going to be a big deal to get if you are doing daily TG.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phase said:
    TG is almost 1500 runes a day. In a month that's roughly 40k runes just from 15 minutes of TG a day. And you get the 450 crystals too.

I don't think runes are going to be a big deal to get if you are doing daily TG.
    That depends: It is no big deal if you need to level only new planeswalkers, but for the newer player, who want to get the old planeswalkers as well, or those of us having several PW at a low level, this is a problem. 
  • Twee
    Options
    @Phase. I know people don't just play tg but at that rate it takes a month to buy a mono pw but 2 months to level them.  What about duel color or heaven forbid a tri color,  3-4 months?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Plus, new events are requiring the new planeswalkers. It remains to be seen if they continue having cards as prizes, though.If not, it'll be easier to skip those events.
  • killwind
    killwind Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am still sitting on Millions of Runes
  • Twee
    edited June 2017
    Options
    #SwordOfFeastOrFamine
  • Twee
    Options
    Could someone make the card art?
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Twee said:
    @Phase. I know people don't just play tg but at that rate it takes a month to buy a mono pw but 2 months to level them.  What about duel color or heaven forbid a tri color,  3-4 months?
    That is from TG alone. You stack runes from normal event participation as well. So cut that time in half.

I think 2-color walkers should take a big investment to level so I don't have an issue with this.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They do take a big investment to level. Austerity is not a winning mechanism, and the perception of grind as being somehow desirable or noble is simply silly. Every rune award in this game should have an extra zero tacked on the end of it. There is absolutely no viable reason that players should take 2 months to level a planeswalker, especially because during that time, they will fall further and further behind those of us that have a whole roster of maxed-out pws.
  • Gotcha617
    Gotcha617 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    I may run out of ruines after 5 more sets. But doubt this game goes that long.