Real Training Grounds

rafalele
rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
Taining grounds is not a place where you can test and improve your decks because if you make a deck for an event the opponent you get is random, could be standard or not, any color, any planeswalker....

Should not be an event, just somewhere to play as much as hou want without any rewards (of course if you take back Quick Battle, there shoud be always a place to get runes to improve planeswalkers).

Training grounds could be a good option if player could choose:

-Opponent planeswalker decks (Koth deck, Dovin deck, Saheel deck...)
-Opponent from events (for example planeswalker in node 3.1 od Trial of Zeal) 
-Decks that fulfill the standard rules in each moment
-Decks from a selected player
-Own player decks

This could be the perfect tool for anyone to improve . 

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I recall a debate regarding playing against your own decks or even from a specified player and determined that, while a good idea in theory, it will really enable griefer decks for PvP matches.

imagine I know my decks are often selected as decks for PvP matches, and so I spend hours and hours crafting the most trolling decks in Training Grounds that make it a nightmare to play against, the AI can pilot, and practically gaurentee that my opponent won't earn any bonus ribbons even if they do win. That's what you enable by allowing people to play against their own decks. I think it's better we don't let that happen.