Hoarding tokens and CP is pure misery.

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I've only done it for a few weeks, but it's very un-fun for me. I guess I will just focus on my 3* farm for the most part, since I'm no longer making any progress on 5*s, and very little progress on 4*s (only progression prizes, login rewards and the rare prize from a heroic or event token).

Well, I'm almost to 20 Latest draws... just need another 280 or so until I can hope to win a Latest 5*. We'll see. Then, I guess I'll go back to opening regularly and hoping champion my Black Bolt, as well as Thanos and BP some day.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't hoard, then?
    You have two champed 5s, no point in hoarding.
  • mpqr7
    I feel that I have no choice if I want to get more championed 5*s. I actually have three (OML, PHX and Cap). I just figured I can either spend a few years opening random tokens or hoard for just a few months (maybe 4 or so?) and actually get to a championed 5*. 

I don't enjoy hoarding... I think it removes the fun part of the game (winning some 5* covers now), but it's the only way I can think of to get to my goal (more championed 5*s) in a not-forever time period.
  • Bowgentle
    I give up.
    Yes, hoard and feel miserable for months.
    Obviously it's the only way to get champed 5s.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    I give up.
    Yes, hoard and feel miserable for months.
    Obviously it's the only way to get champed 5s.
    Unless you earn more than 260 pulls per 18 weeks (= 2 legendary pulls per day), then yes, hoarding is the only reliable way to get enough covers for a 5* before it disappears in the abyss.

No amount of snark will change that.
  • Bowgentle
    That's my point.
    With 3 champed 5s he'll easily get more than two pulls per day.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if you don't make 260 pulls per 18 weeks you still have to hoard. It just mean you won't get every new 5* but you will eventually save enough for one. It's the only way to beat RNG. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    I've only done it for a few weeks, but it's very un-fun for me. I guess I will just focus on my 3* farm for the most part, since I'm no longer making any progress on 5*s, and very little progress on 4*s (only progression prizes, login rewards and the rare prize from a heroic or event token).

Well, I'm almost to 20 Latest draws... just need another 280 or so until I can hope to win a Latest 5*. We'll see. Then, I guess I'll go back to opening regularly and hoping champion my Black Bolt, as well as Thanos and BP some day.

in my experience, opening tokens is the least fun part of the game. i started to hoard everything, and a bit of the fun of just playing returned for me. i got so tired of constantly being angry every 5 minutes from useless pulls. always the lowest possible outcome. rarely needed, and even if they were needed, they still belonged to one of the 'golden 12', and probably not a good one. for instance, i took a quick break to open 2 doc oc tokens, pulled a riri and an iron fist. so awesome...  a couple of champ level older 4* would have been way better.

so, the plan is to hoard until i get to 3-5 million iso and then try to champ a couple 5*.
  • mpqr7
    @Bowgentle with your calculations for the magical 2 latest pulls per day, does that include hitting 1200+ on all three weekly pvps?

I usually can only do that on Wednesdays if at all, because my evening schedule rarely allows me to do multiple shield hops. And I never do it on off-season PVPs, because those are a huge pain, since less people play them. But yes, now that I have champed 5*s, I'm finally getting good queues (as long as there are some that aren't Thanos/BP... hopefully I figure out how to beat them with my current roster soon).

But yeah my 3* champion farm is helping to make up for that! LTs plus 15 cp at high champion levels is a great help! Also as long as I grind enough, the additional CP in PVE is helpful as well.
  • Bowgentle
    Yeah 1200 is a given.
    It shouldn't be a problem, even though OML/Phoenix probably requires a shield at 1100 and a hop these days.
    90-120 minutes should be plenty of time.