When is it actually my turn?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I've noticed that every turn, I end up swiping multiple times without doing anything. This is because many characters have various passive abilities that activate one-by-one. For example:

OML/Daken Heals
CD Tiles Activate
Drax/Coulson/CapMarv4 does additional damage or other action when a CD tile activates
Medusa/Wasp creates a new CD
Ant Man does stuff (Ant attacks, create attack tiles, etc)

I of course love having all these great bonuses occurring, but I want to know when I can actually start swiping, and that swipe will actually register. Maybe the screen can flash or the background can change colors, so that I know it's actually my turn.

Right now, I either need to swipe around 5 times, once every few seconds, or else I wait a few seconds after all the animations stop, and then I swipe once.

It's tough because the goal of both PVE and even moreso PVP is to finish each match as quickly as possible, so that's why I'm doing all of this useless crazy-person swiping every time I think that my turn has started.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's even worse when playing with the sound off, because some of them apparently have sound effects that continue beyond the visual portion of the animation, making it even harder to tell when they're actually done.
  • Antomat_0314
    Antomat_0314 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I love a lot of the animations, particularly silly ones(see Devil Dino) but a fast forward or skip would be a glorious improvement to quality of life. I like this game tremendously, I want to continue liking it, however I have the exact same experience as mpqr7  when too many passives are in play, it's confusing and time consuming XD

Does it occasionally cause you to 'miss' a 5 match and make it a 3 instead cause you were impatiently swiping the screen over and over?

I get overwhelmingly frustrated when I do this, and I know it's my fault, and that makes me even more frustrated. 

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Even better is when the game actually becomes responsive again when you're on your "follow-through" and then it swaps the tiles one row lower.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I love when you are using 4* star lord. If you face a goon who makes yellow CDs, and star lords passive makes yellow CDs... the board fills up with yellows. If the board has no free yellow spaces BUT you haven't reached the max number of star lord tiles... he clearly can't use his passive. However, you still have to wait the delayed time, just as if he actually fired the power.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well it's not the full time, but there's definitely a pause. It's the same story with Carol, when a bunch of CDs are resolving there's a noticeable pause (not as long as the full animation) between CDs if there are no special tiles to boost.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just found out from this post that the background colour changes depending if it’s your turn or not. My gosh how did we miss that for years!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    Just found out from this post that the background colour changes depending if it’s your turn or not. My gosh how did we miss that for years!
    Yeah, but the issue is the gap between when the colour switches back to blue, and when you can actually make a match or fire a power, especially if there are a bunch of "start of turn" effects.