Hoarding tokens - when to use

Options
CFacto
CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
Does anyone know when Riri will rotate out? That's when I'm looking to use my hoarded LTs and CP.

Thanks

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She'll be 6th out.  So you got a while.  Estimated 18 weeks.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hate Riri much?  I thought she sucked when she first came out.  But now that I have her champed, I see that she hits like a truck when boosted.  Red does like 25k + a countdown that removes special tiles.  Green makes a great TU since it does 12k or so and sends someone airborne for 2 turns.  I mean, she's not top tier for sure, but she's not the dumpster fire people thought when she debuted. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, might as well go champ riri. I took the plunge she's already to 279 after a week.

best option for pulling a hoard now is when there are a couple.of new 4s entered and you have over 5 or 6 latest already champed.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ive been leaning more towards opening my hoard based on the 4s in rotation now. As opposed to waiting for 3 good 5s  because it seems like we're in for a drought of good ones 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There will be duds in every collection. I say pull when you see someone you really like and have the iso to champ 3 within the 14 days. That's what I did with Cloak & Dagger and I ended up also champing Agent Venom and Gwenpool in the process. Stopped with 800 cps still in the bank and I'm back over 1k again. 
  • Celerial
    Celerial Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Borstock said:
    There will be duds in every collection. I say pull when you see someone you really like and have the iso to champ 3 within the 14 days. That's what I did with Cloak & Dagger and I ended up also champing Agent Venom and Gwenpool in the process. Stopped with 800 cps still in the bank and I'm back over 1k again. 
    What did you start with?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Pretty much me, too.
    I open legendaries until I've got a 14th cover for a character, then all legendary and CP usage stops until that character's been champed. Level ups and 2*s are flipped to gain ISO to pump into those characters i'm championing.

Sometimes I'm in an awkward spot, like now, where I got lucky and pulled a Riri token from a heroic. So I'm in a bit of a rush to champ two 4*s.

I've currently got 16 legendaries and about 930CP. It doesn't seem like I'm going to reduce the number for a while.

Once I've got Cloak & Dagger and Riri champed, I'll need to spend time getting ISO for my neglected 2*s.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    *off to Tips and Guides since it is a question about when a character will move out of tokens and not about token pulling*
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Celerial said:
    Borstock said:
    What did you start with?
    I think I started at 40 tokens and about 1100 cps in the hoard. Had 4 or 5 CD covers already and I made them my bonus hero. I used all my tokens and needed about 250 cps before I was able to champ. I knew I had the iso to champ three in the two weeks. I forget how much I had banked. 

I did end up having to sell a few Mordo covers and an Iron Fist. But otherwise it worked out very well. 
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Borstock said:
     I operate similarly, just playing a bit more catchup.  I went into the season last week with 900 CP and 11 LTs intending to champ either Baby Groot or Cloak & Dagger (from 6 and 7 covers).  When the dust settled, I had about 200 CP and no LTs....Groot is champed, Cloak was at 12 with a cover dying, Gamora 4-4-4.   Danny and Mordo I'm not prioritizing - Danny is still at 10, Mordo has 6 on the vine.  

So I started saving iso for either another shot at Cloak or Mordo (or one of the 8 vaulted most of whom don't suck).  I just pulled Cloak #13 from a PVP token, and knowing that I'll get Gamora from simulator I already went back into total hoard mode until at least next season.  In the meantime, I'll just save up CP and ISO, maybe champ one or two classics to help with PVP rotations, if not I can wait.