Options
13»

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jtsings said:

:snip:

Yes, I actually use Cage a lot because of the extra shield after the first turn, especially in lightning rounds.  And that's only with two red.  And I almost always save up 12 Black and whack the strongest character on the other team.  What really kind of makes the debate interesting is that I use IM40 a lot and he would feed blue to Strange and green to R&G which seems like would make pretty daunting offensive team.  However, I don't have a good title moving defensive character so Cage would make sense in that respect as well.
    3Groot's green is not really that good actually. It has board-shake capability, but otherwise the damage is medicore. On the other hamd, 3Groot's blue is probably one of the best strike tiles maker in 3* land and goes well with 3Stange's passive as well.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think Cage would be the guy to champ, but BP is probably better (but you'd lose a cage cover).  Cage (or even better BP) is great with Iron Fist.  Fist can feed them blacks with a cheap 5ap Purple, or you can hoard purple until you get 12ap black and then Fist does 4k damage for 5ap Purple.  BP's yellow strike tiles do great with Fist self regenerating attack tile to do extra damage every round.  But, as it has been stated, Cage's Red protect tile will help you save health packs early on.

I would like to comment that I really do like Rocket and Groot.  The blue strikes are great, and the green can do a little board shake up.  The great thing is his yellow, which can fully heal him and shake up the board.  I don't think he's top tier, and my opinions are more of a personal nature.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options

Re: Cage - how far along are your Scarlet witch and Iron Fist?  As others mentioned above, they make a great trio, with SWitch feeding Fist purple, who then feeds Cage black, who then punches everybody's lights out. :smile:
    Unfortunately, I had Iron Fist as my first bonus hero and, sure enough, I kept getting his black covers, so I switched to someone else.  Currently he's at 1/2/5.  Scarlet Witch is in better shape, in color equality.  She's at 3/2/2 and has been my bonus hero for several days but the bonus heroes are not dropping like they used to for me, unfortunately.  But once Scarlet Witch is hopefully covered fully, I'll probably shoot for Iron Fist next, because of the defense and offensive start that Cage and Fist offer every match.
  • jtsings
    Options
    For a non-champed character, if you use an extra cover to upgrade one power, you will not receive a cover back for the power that you downgrade. If you did, you would be able to do that over and over, and endlessly re-spec that character, which is reserved to be one of the big advantages of championing. 

Sorry, I forgot to acknowledge that you answered that and yes it does make sense, otherwise you could keep it in your queue indefinitely.  I now have at least 3 extra covers of R&G and probably the earliest I could get the last cover for cage would be in 6-7 days, so I'm just going to go ahead and champ R&G, especially cause it will help me tremendously in PVE this go round.  I would think, also, that I can get close to enough ISO to champ Cage when I finally get his last cover. 
       I appreciate all the input regarding all three choices.  Until I get Iron Fist all covered, Cage will probably be a better choice to champion, over Black Panther, next because he's very useful in the opening rounds of PVE for me.  I can go through the first few round virtually untouched just at level 90; so I would imagine I would be in even better shape when he's champed.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    R+G are great to partner with Thanos as well, as when Court Death has ground them down, hit yellow and save yourself a health pack.
  • jtsings
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    R+G are great to partner with Thanos as well, as when Court Death has ground them down, hit yellow and save yourself a health pack.
      It ended up being a great call to champ them first because I've been using them a bunch with Dr Strange and IM40 and I always do a fist pump when their yellow took them either a few thousand health points higher or several times even to full health.  And it turned out to not be an issue on the ISO end either, because I have enough to Champ Cage now, but I'm still lacking the cover I'll need to champ him.  I know I'll get it as either a reward for PVE placement or during the next PVE event, though.

On a slightly less encouraging note; since I knew covers for Iron Fist are coming in progression of the next PVE, I bonused him just to see if I could get lucky and get anything but black covers.  Sure enough, two bonus pulls, and both were his black cover (which I already have 5 of :/)