How to spend ISO-8?

knightfall
knightfall Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
I got a roster of 68 characters at the moment and about 900.000 ISO-8. In the time I need to get a cover that allows me to train a character, I got enough ISO-8 to stay at around 900k even after training the character.

How do you guys spend your ISO-8? In a week I will have about 1 mio.

I am at day 498.

Greetz
knightfall

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    I assume you're still building 3*?

900k is enough to champ 2 4* characters and change.  Enjoy your surplus while it lasts, because once your 4* roster starts getting into the double digits you'll be scraping lightning rounds for all the Iso you can get.  If you've literally pushed every character to their current max, just keep hitting progression targets and earn covers.  The Iso doesn't expire, so let it sit until it's needed.
  • knightfall
    Yeah, well the 4* and 5* covers are not coming. :-) I got quite a few 4* and 5* characters, but only got one cover each so far...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep saving. It's easy to stay afloat when you're championing 3*s. It gets much harder once you gain 4* and 5* covers rapidly.

I have two phases of heroes:

0 levels [starting phase]
    Half-way [first phase... good enough to be useful in pve, as well as ddq required nodes]
    Championed [second phase]

I don't really do any other phases, because it's kind of a waste of iso to bring someone up 10 levels, unless you just have a massive amount of iso, and you're feeling itchy to spend.
  • knightfall
    Okay, thanks guys. I am not sure how to get those covers though. Maybe it's because I only play pve and my progress will probably not become any better...
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Do you play PVE for max progression? (i.e. the big CP reward at the end of the event)

If you do, you should earn around 5 4* covers per week (+ some others from heroic tokens / 3* champs)

However, if you play enough, there's a good chance your ISO demands will never catch up with your cover supply (until you get to the 5* tier)
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler

Save Save and the Save some more.

I was in your position last year with over 1.5 mill in the bank and a slow crawl to the 4* land, but once I hit that and started to champ the 4*'s I was burning through iso faster than I could accumulate it (you are spending 350k+ to champ 1 char so to do 2/3 at once is pretty much 1,000,000 and looking back at the last year I have champed 10 4*s and a few of the 3*'s that I had left...just not you Beast, you aint even going to be rostered)

As it has been mentioned, ISO does not expire so stash it and when you have some 4*'s ready to champ you can unleash the Kraken and then look in horror as your iso stash is down to 4 digits

• knightfall
    Starfury said:
    Do you play PVE for max progression? (i.e. the big CP reward at the end of the event)
    No, I don't have the time for that during the day. Plus I re_use the same heroes because they simply are the best team (mostly Wolverine eye-patch. Thanos and Dr. Strange) so I have to wait until they are healed again...
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Just to repeat what everyone else has said, don't worry about the iso surplus. It's a good thing!
    While I was in 3* land (oh what a wonderful place) I managed to amass just over 2 million ISO.
    Everything change when the vaulting nation attacked.
    With the newest featuring more prominently as pve rewards and just 12 in tokens I turned that 2 million in just a few thousand in days. Now I am always racing the clock
  • knightfall
    Skrofa said:
    ... meaning?
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Skrofa said:
    ... meaning?
    It was an "Avatar" joke. There's this line in the anime "everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked".

My meaning? Well, if it wasn't for vaulting and tokens giving out covers of the select twelve, I wouldn't be able to champ 13 4*s in two months or so. The covers would be more evenly distributed and my ISO stash would not be so easily depleted.

So my quite ISO harvesting life got disturbed when vaulting happened.

Hence the "everything changed when the vaulting nation attacked"
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *off to roster and level help*
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in 4* land, so I have 0 surplus at any time now.

My current policy is to open legendary tokens until I get the 14th cover for a 4*. Then all opening stops and I pour all ISO into that character until they're champed. Flipped 2*s just go towards funding that 4*.

Once the 4* is champed, I use my ISO to bring my 2*s back up and champ them again and once they're all fixed I open legendaries once more.

Though sometimes this plan comes apart when I open a heroic or event token and get a 4*...like what's happened now. I was busy working on Cloak & Dagger when suddenly I get a spare Riri. So I'm gonna be ISO starved for a while.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 290 Mover and Shaker
    I am a 4* transistioner for like the last year and a half, possibly longer, so I've been hoarding my Iso.  I currently have 2.7mil Iso.  I have a few fully covered 4*'s, but am waiting for 3 top tier before I champ, and hopefully, will be able to compete.  

I do spend some of it on characters that are top tier to level them to 250 (max to not overshadow my 5*s).
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Starfury said:
    No, I don't have the time for that during the day. Plus I re_use the same heroes because they simply are the best team (mostly Wolverine eye-patch. Thanos and Dr. Strange) so I have to wait until they are healed again...
    You have 68 characters. Use them. Save your health packs by using everyone.