Gwenpoole Chekov's Gun targeting but not damaging airborne enemies?

Uninspired
Uninspired Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
I was playing Gwenpoole(+4cage) vs Gweenpoole(+IM40) in BFF. Opponent used Plot Armor and sent IM40 Airborne, then on my turn I used Chekov's gun. 3 hits would have taken down the opposing Gwenpoole (accounting for protect tiles), but she stayed up and took 2 hits worth of damage. I assume the other targeted IM40, but did nothing. Is this a bug, or can random target abilities target, and miss, airborne targets?

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Additional issue: Chekov's Gun doesn't act like a targeted power, yet it also doesn't hit invisible characters. It should hit them, since invisibility is only supposed to keep a hero from being hit by targeted damage. AOE and things like Chekov's Gun and Moonsilver Blades are supposed to randomly hit enemies rather than being targeted.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Uninspired That definitely sounds like an issue worth bringing up to the team. Have you only noticed this issue the one time against an opposing Gwenpool, or have there been similar cases with other characters that can make people Airborne?

@zodiac339 Are you receiving an error message when everyone, or the remaining few, characters are all invisible claiming that there is no valid target? Since the targets are chosen at random and multiple shots can hit the same character, it might have been coincidence that the invisible target was not hit. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    @Tombstone
    Haven't done it with only one character left. Maybe it was a massive coincidence that none of the shots went to Professor X, but the only other character at the time should have taken 2 shots at most to die. I've never experienced a character taking everything when only 1 or 2 hits would be a kill.
  • Uninspired
    Uninspired Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Tombstone said:
    @Uninspired That definitely sounds like an issue worth bringing up to the team. Have you only noticed this issue the one time against an opposing Gwenpool, or have there been similar cases with other characters that can make people Airborne?

I have rarely used Gwenpoole, and really only had the experience because of her pvp. It would be easy to test with Nova, but mine's not worth much...