Please no more 2* covers for Vintage Heroic Tokens

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
We have a very limited amount of days once a month where we can get vaulted 3/4/5 star covers. With the normal PVP that's offered, that's a maximum amount of 3 covers per PVP (9 tokens total?).

For me, 6 of those tokens were 2* pulls which I already get out of standards, heroic, elite and DDQ tokens.

The reason of the vintage tokens would be to make heroes receivable that you cannot get otherwise, so please remove the rewards that we do get everywhere else. That would be helpful, thanks! :-)

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    I'm going to go counter to this and say that I buy the Daily Deal for these when it is available because I can spare that level of Hero Points. If the price went up because of lowering or removing the 2*s, there's a good chance I would not buy these (depending on the new price).
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering the 4* and 5* world are the most important, having a week where 3*s are just given away wouldn't be too horrible a thing, would it?
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I would spend money in it, if there wasn't the too high chance of buying **** 2*s instead of the vaulted chars I want.

But I guess Demiurge wants to enforce people spending 3600 Cp on the Heroes for Hire Vault, which won't be happening for me either.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    yes, they are a poorly implemented knee jerk reaction to the consequence of vaulting. How did they ever believe that giving a once monthly meager random chance of getting a vaulted cover would be satisfying to their player base ?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *Off to Feedback*
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Sorry guys I got all the good tokens. I opened 5 vintage tokens and got 4 4* covers this season.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I got two of them, Quake and someone else, don't remember who. From aaaaaallllllll the covers of all the characters I could have gotten, I got the two 4* covers I could not use because they were the 6th ones in colours of 5. Oh well, 2k iso
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    These should only be earnable in the pves and pvps during the off season and provide 3 and better.

Essentially all the old characters are being tossed in here, and to fix the problem of diluted tokens you guys introduced one undiluted one and one that was MORE diluted than the ones removed, thats only available in between seasons.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, of all the VHTs I've pulled since they've existed, I've pulled precisely one vaulted character: 3* Hulk, who I get from cycling Moonstone anyway.

Without the 2* dilution, this would have been a half decent option for at least partly dealing with vaulting. Having these tokens available in a handful of events once every three weeks would hardly have been giving things away, but (I think) still largely seen as a positive development. 

With the 2* dilution? They're largely pointless. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed. We only get a handful of them every six weeks. It shouldn't be too unbalancing to actually make them good. My personal vote would be for them to contain only the Vaulted characters. By definition, I can potentially get anyone else from regular tokens.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    devs won't do anything to help us
  • MarcSpector68
    MarcSpector68 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    With the introductin of elite tokens having 2* in any heroic pack is useless.  It seems a natural progression.   Even if the devs up the heroic token cost to 500HP.  
  • TPF Alexis
    3*-4* is the only two-rank pairing that doesn't*  have its own Token. Seems like a pretty significant gap there, especially for someone like me who's moving through 3* land and approaching 4* transition.

*Standard might as well be just 1*-2* for how often 3* show up in them.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I'm 99% sure the end results of our complaints will be:
    -a permanent Vintage Heroic store- so we can buy all our favorite 2* all year long.
    -a new store for vaulted 3* and 4* with unearnable tokens, priced at, let's say 1000 hp/token. We can't kill off the HFH store, can we?

There's no way we're getting more stuff for free or for less money.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only way Vintage would be for only Rare and Legendary retired heroes would be if it were only earned at the 850 point progress goal and not buyable. The devs aren't going to give the option to buy a 40-pack of guaranteed 3 and 4 stars.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    The devs are listening, I bet they will remove 2 * for only 1500 HP or anything to make more cash.
  • TPF Alexis
    zodiac339 said:
    The only way Vintage would be for only Rare and Legendary retired heroes would be if it were only earned at the 850 point progress goal and not buyable. The devs aren't going to give the option to buy a 40-pack of guaranteed 3 and 4 stars.
    I was thinking buyable with CP, only in singles, like Latest/Classic Legends. 15 CP per, maybe?