Would it be wrong to have my first 4* Champion be Star Lord?

heybub
heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2017 in Roster and Level Help
I'm just saying he's fun to play, and I almost have him fully covered....

Would it be wrong to have my first 4* Champion be Star Lord? 14 votes

Why would you even ask that?
21%
heybubnwahs086VizMantis 3 votes
Star Lord is a stud and should be everyone's 1st 4* Champion.
71%
DapperChewieIlDuderinoWarbringaCalnexinJaedenkaalcubnadbbiglerTelumLandalelegeng 10 votes
Who's Star Lord?
7%
ValekBoss 1 vote

Comments

• Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    He was my first 4* champ, and I have absolutely loved using him in PvE, whether he's powered up or not.  I pair him with my champ'd Coulson now, and it's a ton of fun =).
  • heybub
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Landale said:
    He was my first 4* champ, and I have absolutely loved using him in PvE, whether he's powered up or not.  I pair him with my champ'd Coulson now, and it's a ton of fun =).

I have him almost fully covered, but still at level 70, and he is still pretty good.  I can't imagine what he does at a lvl 270.  They really rocked the revamp on him.

I just hesitate to champ him first for two reasons
    1) He's not considered top tier
    2) I want to get into PvP, where he isn't as dominating.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before his revamp, no.  He was not a good choice.  Now he's a solid pick.  Not top-tier, in the sense that his role is split between offense and support.  His nuke doesn't hit its max potential unless you pair him up with another countdown generator (or you're able to delay while collecting enough purple to fire twice), and his AP reduction is way better when used in conjunction with another low-AP skill (eg, Iceman).  You certainly wouldn't want him as your only champ, but his abilities make a good complement to a lot of other characters.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    I need a "maybe?" option in the poll. :P

Starlord is great, he's one of my most frequently used characters in PvE.  But I don't think he really shines (outside of goon fights) until you can pair him with a 4* cd spammer like Antman, Kingpin, or XFDP.  There's a few 3* options for cd spamming too (squirrel girl and im40 come to mind), but I don't think they work as well as the aforementioned 4*s.  He's also a fairly squishy target for pve.  

If you'll be champing other 4*s soon after, then go for it.  He'll at least work wonders on goon fights.  If you think he'll be your only 4* for a while, I'd wait for someone stronger and make him your 2nd or 3rd.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Star lord is a great support guy. As the only 4* champion he won't help much (and can hurt the scaling untill the "test" is permanent or the MMR in PvP). He works best with cheap power guys (Nova, Iceman, Wasp come to mind) and coundown creators (medusa, coulson and many more). 
  • heybub
    Wow... I was kinda joking with this post, and I'm surprised to see so many people infavor of having Star Lord as a 1st champion.  I do really like the revamp, and he is now a really fun player.

My first champ will be Peggy, followed by Nova, followed by somebody that I can cover quickly.  I have enough iso, that Star-Lord will be champed shortly after that.

Thanks for all the great feedback.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Yeah Star Lord is fairly amazing in PvE, especially with goon nodes who spam abilities.  Love pairing him with IM40 and 4Thor for PvE against any type of node. 4 AP cost Recharges and reduced costs 4Thor blue and red are devastating. His purple is really nice for support to use to get rid of goon countdowns or enemy tiles and it deals some damage as a bonus.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Star-Lord is my first fully-covered 4* (5/3/5) - about level 200. I dont plan to champ him unless a 14th cover magically arrives, but I suspect he would be better respecced at 5/5/3 - is that how most peopel run him?
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Sorry I was thinking Purple was last - I mean 3/5/5!
  • heybub
    OK, so I didn't champ him first (still need 1 more purple).  I champed Peggy, Nova, and HulkBuster.  I did however, level him up from 70 to 250.   Man, that red is a beast!  I can't wait to get that final cover and champ the guy.

Who knew Star Lord would end up being this awesome.