Flawless Victory Matches

bbigler
bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
This is a thread for whenever you get that very lucky opening board with multiple match 5's, which turns into a 1st turn victory.  This doesn't include easy PVE nodes or seed teams, but matches against legit enemies.  Since this rarely happens, I wanted to have a thread to showcase these awesome victories.  Here's the one I just had in the BFF Tournament:

4*Cage (boosted) + 3*Fist (boosted)
VS
3*Daredevil (boosted) + 3*Fist (boosted)

It starts with a simple cascade, which sets up a match 5, then another match 5, and another, and another.  I must have gotten around 7 of them in a row.  By the end, I had:

10 yellow + 18 Green + 12 Purple + 17 Black + 7 Red + 8 Blue

The enemies IF was already down to 2600 HP, so I fired IF's green for 6 strike tiles, taking him down to 550 HP.  I then switched to Daredevil and hit again with IF's green, then finished him off with Cage's yellow.  Another critical match 4 and Fist was down.  If there was a 3rd enemy, I could have taken them down to with Fist's 12 purple and 8 strike tiles. 

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Toasty!!!!
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited May 2017
    Looks sounds like the average ai luck to me
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    With Nova-PX-3Thanos I've first-turned the Big Enchilada 2-3 times.   Doesn't take more than 1-2 match 5s to pull off.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Not sure what my record is for first-turn victories.  But my record for single-move was a 2* essential at level 140 or 150 (it was a couple months ago).
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the ones where you only have to make 1 move.  I was playing the last node in sub 2 of Unstable ISO-8 (against 3 Hammer goons) where the enemies were level 225 or so with 13k health each.  Match-5 cascades into 2 match-3s each with the crit tile.  That kills 1 goon and 5Thanos finishes off the other 2.  You can do some insane damage with 5*s and crit tiles. 
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I had a similar situation in the bff pvp but to me haha.  The team I went up against had prof x as one of the characters and got a crazy cascade of several match 5s in the first few turns.  It wasn't pretty. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
     You can do some insane damage with 5*s and crit tiles. 
    I keep a 1* spiderman with only purple covers to send as a TU for this reason. Numbers be cray.